Prepare 3D Version 5

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

David Love-Brice
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: Prepare 3D Version 5

Post by David Love-Brice »

Having been on the Beta, it wouldn't work on my laptop until later versions (likely my end, not LM's). From my point of view, the enhanced atmospherics look nice, the VR is smoother and clearer on my Rift S, but does have a performance impact (I'm running a gaming laptop with a 1060 card, so low end of VR anyway).

Would I fork out more cash on it? I'd say a hesitant yes, but I think it's really going to come down to how bad your 4.5 is going. If you're going from v3, then yeah definately. If you're going from v4.5, wait till the add-on's come across, check out the changelog and see if it's worth your coin.

Just my two cents. :)

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Thanks for that David. My 4.5 is running very well at the moment but I like to have the latest versions of things where possible, and it will give me something new to fiddle with! :lol:
Dave G.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

I just bought it and am probably competing with others here to try and download it at the same time! LOL!

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I couldn't get onto the site. Gave up for today, wouldn't have had time to try it tonight anyway.
Dave G.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I managed to get it downloaded and installed. It took a lot of refreshes. But I won't have time to play with it today but soon.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Using default scenery and aircraft only from Bournemouth I am getting 170+ fps.

Next step is to install ORBX.

Nev

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Successfully installed and had a quick run round. Even maxed out the scenery is pretty FSX.

Will I be able to transfer my existing ORBX to P5 or is my card going to take a hammering? :dunno:

ATB

Allan

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Your card should be safe for now Allan. Orbx have a list of compatible products on their site. Pretty much everything is okay. The exception is Global VECTOR which is made largely redundent by V5 and they don't intend to modify it for V5 at this stage.

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Bought v5 and in the process of downloading. About an hour to go so may not get a chance to have a play tonight.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Oh goody :excited: My plastic won't be flexing then.

Only had time for a couple of fleeting flights so, really need ORBX to give the scenery a bit of oomph. One good thing, with most sliders at max I am still getting 60-100 FPS.

There is an interview with the guys from LM about v5 in the latest issue of PC Pilot in which they explain how they have distributed the workload around the CPU/GPU/VRAM to keep up the FPS.

Off to play.....

Allan