Prepare 3D Version 5

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Re: Prepare 3D Version 5

Post by Buggyman »

What scenery are you using for your trips to the Lake District? With everything maxed out my scenery still looks very early FSX.

ATB

Allan

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I'm starting to re-install my ORBX files and was wondering of anyone has tried TE-GBS in it yet? in V4 I had so many problems with it I went back to using the older England regional, but since I am trying the new version wanted to know which to install next.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Buggyman wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 17:09
What scenery are you using for your trips to the Lake District? With everything maxed out my scenery still looks very early FSX.
Everything you're seeing is stock :thumbsup:

I find the new vector data vastly improves things (even better than Orbx OpenLC by their own admission). This really makes a big difference out-of-the-box.

I'm not using any extra shaders either... and I'm not altering HDR settings etc. Stock weather too.

I'm keen to get v5 fully tested before I add any aircraft or scenery etc. ;)
Last edited by spatialpro on 16 Apr 2020, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Everything you're seeing is stock
Thank you.

Like you I am holding off adding anything until I have given the base v5 a good work out. Sadly I have already had a CTD which is very annoying but, as I understand it, caused by having the FPS set at unlimited. Hopefully there will be a patch or some such in the near future since LM have acknowledge this fault..

Once the CTD is sorted I am looking forward to getting ORBX up and running which I anticipate will be a quantum step forward in realism which will include a number of smoking holes in the ground from my bad flying :lol:

ATB

Allan

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Sooooo VR (Rift CV1)..... *-)

It turns out Enhanced Atmospherics (Beta), i.e. trueSKY isn't [yet] available for VR :S This means you're immediately thrown back into regular P3D4-like surroundings (which look very stark and basic in comparison to the aforementioned lovely scattering etc). This is an annoyance, presumably until after it ceases to be a Beta feature.

There is also a pronounced flicker in the left eye with head movement. LM have already been made aware of this.

This aside, it all looks as-good as VR in P3D4, perhaps better with improved FPS.

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Installed TE GBS with 3 monitors and with the Just Flight C46 I get between 40 and 50 fps. Had loads of CTD's but they have now stopped with the latest version of Nvidia driver dated today.

Nev

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

I've had a few flights now. First was default aircraft and location, second was with France VFR installed and default one of the stock props and the third was stock European scenery with a stock prop. I had a problem with the first flight in that the F35 became unresponsive to control inputs - not entirely though; it was if autopilot heading and altitude had been set and it couldn't be persuaded to do otherwise. Switched to a stock Herc and that lost interest after a few minutes and engines stopped in mid-flight. Probably me.

Second flight with France VFR, which is a bit of a FR hog was better than expected FR wise, in fact it was very good, but still had blurry scenery which resolved on approach.

First impressions - some bugs but performance is excellent compared to v4.5. I'm in the process of installing ORBX scenery and have ported across my v4.5 aircraft so will give them a go tomorrow. Will let you know how I get on.

BTW - I have FR set to unlimited and I've yet to experience a CTD. I have 8Gb of RAM on the video card with 6.7Gb available of which P3D was using just under half.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Just finished a long(ish) flight at low level from Innsbruck to Glasgow. Tried all I could to get a CTD - as I had on the same flight yesterday - without success e.i. no CTD! With most sliders at max the only change I made was to reduce the FPS to a fixed 30FPS!

Tomorrow I'll start moving aircraft over.....

Happy days :excited:

Allan

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

It seems that having unlimited frame rates causes CTD. Hotfix soon then from the forums I have seen.

Allan and DaveG's suggestion of lowering the fps to 30 fixed will resolve it for now. :thumbsup:

Nev

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Scorpius wrote:
17 Apr 2020, 11:05
Allan and DaveG's suggestion of lowering the fps to 30 fixed will resolve it for now. :thumbsup:
Say who?! :-O Mistaken identity?! ;) :)

Andy
Last edited by spatialpro on 17 Apr 2020, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,