Prepare 3D Version 5

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Prepare 3D Version 5

Post by DaveG »

Stereo mode has been there all along. It's the highest quality mode but uses 2 passes to render the image, hence the frame rate hit Single pass is the default mode. It's pretty much the same as stereo but it renders in a single pass making it much faster but there may be occasional rendering issues. The third mode is mono which renders the same image to both eyes. It's fast but you don't get any depth. At the moment true sky only works with stereo or mono.
I'm using a Rift S running of a RTX 2070.
Dave G.

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

DaveG wrote:
02 May 2020, 15:19
Stereo mode has been there all along. It's the highest quality mode but uses 2 passes to render the image, hence the frame rate hit Single pass is the default mode. It's pretty much the same as stereo but it renders in a single pass making it much faster but there may be occasional rendering issues. The third mode is mono which renders the same image to both eyes. It's fast but you don't get any depth. At the moment true sky only works with stereo or mono.
I'm using a Rift S running of a RTX 2070.
Cheers Dave.
I'm using a 1070ti with the Rift. Runs fine at the moment but feel an upgrade in my future.
The 2080 is eye wateringly expensive.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Just came up with a strange error. When selecting an aircraft the following caption popped up: "Please correct errors or click Cancel" This happens no matter if I choose one of my add on aircraft or one of the default ones which means I can only fly the default aircraft the sim opens with.

Now the 'interesting' part. Exiting v5 and restarting the PC and then restarting v5 and the problem is gone.

I've checked the LM site and this is not a listed problem. I guess I'll have to live with it for the time being unless anyone has knowledge of a solution?

ATB

Allan

Afterthought: This caption has also appeared after I made a 'slight' weather change. :worried:

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Just wanted to double check before I shell out.
Does V5 work okay with Horizon / Earth Sims Gen-X UK Scenery?
I'm using it with v4.5 without issues.

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Well, finally shelled out for v5 on Friday. I waited until at least one hotfix had been rolled out. Maybe I should have waited a bit longer :dunno:
It's a pity that Truesky is buggy. It's a massive improvement on v4. 5 clouds, but the slightly blue hue and cloud aperitions surrounding the trees spoils it. No doubt it will be sorted in the next few weeks. With enhanced atmospherics turned off, its just like v4. 5
I've got the sliders over to the right and no stutters with orbx, although not flown to Heathrow yet. Locked at 30 fps as default and never falls below
Only loaded up a few aircraft for now. No payware ones yet. Pmdg say they won't release an installer for 737 ngx and I don't fancy buying the ngx u just yet. The Maddog won't be ready for a few weeks and there will be a upgrade fee involved 8)
I will limit the airports I install for now, I see some more hotfixes on the horizon
V5 won't accept duplicate file names in SODE. It will take time before software houses sort that out
Latest client from FSA works OK with P3d V5. The Eagle eyed will have spotted my last few flights for the VA have been with V5.
Give it a week and I will have uninstalled v4. 5.
Dale
Image Image Image

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Well after the strange goings on earlier yesterday I had a successful evening without any glitches.

Obviously there are a number of things that need tweaking in v5 but overall I think it could be a very close call against the new X-Plane update that is due. Good enough for me at any rate, but then again I seem to have such low expectations :lol: :lol:

ATB

Allan

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Yes I had a successful evening flight back from Palma. SODE issues are sorted for now. I found a duplicate mk Lisbon in sode folder, and Simmershome has updated sode for Malta. So no error messages on startup. Really nice sun reflections passing over the Bristol Channel. I'll post a few pictures when I get time.
Dale
Image Image Image

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

:OT: but re the Rift S Dave - did you have the original Rift and if you did do you think the it's worth upgrading to the S? If not - what's your impressions re resolution and also the Screen Door Effect? I have the original Rift but dislike having to use the Beacons, particularly as I don't have a great deal of room.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

chrispbits wrote:
04 May 2020, 13:57
did you have the original Rift and if you did do you think the it's worth upgrading to the S? If not - what's your impressions re resolution and also the Screen Door Effect?
I also have the original and keep thinking of upgrading to the S. Its seems like now isn't a good time to do so though... as much like pasta and tinned tomatoes they are all sold out [new] (~£420 RRP, but ETA mid June at best) and therefore 2nd hand examples are going for crazy prices >£500 or even >£600! In light of that I reckon it'd currently be much better VFM to go for a new Pimax 5K+ (~£560 at current exchanges rates, +P&P and import tax, or ~£750 via Amazon.co.uk) or higher, as the resolution and FOV are step-changes from both Rifts. That said I haven't checked availability!

Andy
Last edited by spatialpro on 04 May 2020, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

The Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is also worth looking at Andy. But as you say now is the not the time to invest. Perhaps when the lockdown games bubble has burst there'll be extra stock to get rid of although that could be a vain hope.