Prepare 3D Version 5

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Prepare 3D Version 5

Post by DaveG »

Yes, I did have the original rift cv1 before the S. Still got it, if anyone wants one... :worried:
I was lucky enough to pick up the S just before lockdown started. The only place I could find one was Currys, but they're out of stock there too now.
Personally, I'm happy with the upgrade. The visual quality is much better although it seems to be sharper around the centre and less so in the periphery. Don't know if that's the optics or if the pixel density is higher in the middle. Screen door effect is much reduced. Not gone entirely, but I don't really notice it much. Performance seems slightly better too.
Audio wise it's crap. :lol: the S has small speakers built into the headband near each ear. The sound quality is pretty poor compared to the original rifts headphones, plus the fact that anyone else near can hear everything as well. Í use a small set of Sony headphones plugged into a socket on the side and attached to the headband with a couple of elastic hair bands. :lol: Does the job and sounds so much better.
Dave G.

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Thanks Dave. Food for thought. My Rift is in it's box at the moment and I'm not sure I'll ever get it out again. May do if this all goes on for very much longer.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Unrelated to VR.... Is anyone having issues seeing traffic? I'm seeing a couple of anomalies. Ships (either default or my own AI ones) don't seem to be showing up... and the traffic files are the same ones I've used in P3D4.5)

[EDIT] got some ships working, had a typo in the scenery path to the ship traffic bgl.

I'm not seeing any AI of any sort.... :dunno:

I've copied the P3D 4.5 AI folder from the SimOjects folder in 4.5 straight into 5.
(I've done the same with boats)

I've added a line to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\simobjects.cfg - The same that I had for 4.5

[Entry.10]
Title=AI
Path=SimObjects\AI
Required=True
Active=True

Also in the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\scenery.cfg

[Area.196]
Title=Aircraft
Local=G:\Traffic\Aircraft
Layer=196
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.197]
Title=Ships P3D4
Local=G:\Traffic\Ships P3D4
Layer=197
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Seems to be working fine for me. Like you, I've basically copied the v4.5 ai into v5.
Dave G.

gsnde
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by gsnde »

Just to be sure...is the AI percentage above zero?
Cheers,
Martin

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

I have the Flying Stations AI HMS Victorious sailing along just fine

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I’ll need to have a look into it. I have the bits I downloaded a while back working fine... I think there was a freight / bulker / tanker package that a group had done, and that seems ok.

The AI aircraft seem to be missing bits, mostly landing gear.

Also, I used to be able to activate the traffic toolbox dll by editing dll.xml, but it seems to be missing in this release? (The dll.xml file)

ImageImageImage

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

I just came across this new P3D5 video. One gets so used to seeing scenic timelapse these days that there is a chance this may seem unremarkable at first. However, when one stops to consider what is being rendered and how I believe it illustrates a lot of potential for the future...

Andy

https://youtu.be/XjxXqKz0vy8

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Found part of the AI problem. Looks like I needed to add to the add-ons.cfg file in programdata

[Package.0]
PATH=G:\Traffic\P3D4\AI\AIGAIM - OCI\OCI-Configuration
TITLE=AIGAIM AI Traffic
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Most of the new AI is now working. :thumbsup: :cpu:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

This is an absolute must. Works with FSX, P3D(all versions from what I can see) I've been away so long I missed that this was still very much in development.

AI shipping on steroids.

https://www.flightsimnorway.com/addons/

Click on AI Ship Packages and then Global AI Ship Traffic V2. I downloaded the original years ago and stumbled across it by accident last night. The FS Norway site has the 1 package with all of the updates combined as of September last year. Its a must.

ImageImageImage