Prepare 3D Version 5

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Prepare 3D Version 5

Post by DaveG »

Couldn't agree more Ben, it's an excellent package. I think there's going to be another update soon as he's been previewing done screenshots over at FSDeveloper recently. There's going to be some retro stuff in there including a complete Falklands taskforce (with my Fearless/Intrepid).
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Yes, noticed that Dave, can’t wait, it really is a Labour of love.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

I am still waiting until after HF2 :hide:
George

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Purchased V5. Just wanted to give my experiences.

Got a bad download which failed to install. had to download again.
Once installed...

Cannot import controls from 4.5 to 5. Annoying but not the end of the world.
Flying default aircraft with settings as I would fly in V4.5 using VR.
All works okay. Not seeing any real difference over 4.5 with occulus rift.

Loading third party aircraft from 4.5 to 5. Causes sim to hang when selecting and ctd.
Loading third party scenery (Gen X) causes ctd at loading screen.

Turning on beta settings. Won't work in VR. Turning on stereo mode causes major stutters.

So it's a no go from me. Requesting refund.
If i'm going to loose all my third party content and have no VR improvements I may as well wait for 2020.

Ted.
Last edited by DogTailRed2 on 10 May 2020, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

DogTailRed2 wrote:
10 May 2020, 14:33
Turning on beta settings. Won't work in VR. Turning on stereo mode causes major stutters.
I'd be very grateful to know 1) your settings; and 2) your PC specs please Ted?

I also suffered severe stutters at the outset, but after routing around and re-learning things (I'd forgotten a lot of VR requirements and settings since I first installed v4) I've now got it in a much more usable state. DaveG also helped me a lot by answering my questions and providing suggestions. Thanks Dave! :thumbsup: Before I jump into VR I really focus (pun?!) on getting >90FPS, as I know it is fruitless otherwise.

Re: advanced atmospherics vs. stereo, I think there is a good chance the former will cease to be a beta and hopefully also become available in mono (which would bring a welcome FPS boost)

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

Airtrooper wrote:
10 May 2020, 15:12
DogTailRed2 wrote:
10 May 2020, 14:33
I'd be very grateful to know 1) your settings; and 2) your PC specs please Ted?

I also suffered severe stutters at the outset, but after routing around and re-learning things (I'd forgotten a lot of VR requirements and settings since I first installed v4) I've now got it in a much more usable state. DaveG also helped me a lot by answering my questions and providing suggestions. Thanks Dave! :thumbsup: Before I jump into VR I really focus (pun?!) on getting >90FPS, as I know it is fruitless otherwise.

Re: advanced atmospherics vs. stereo, I think there is a good chance the former will cease to be a beta and hopefully also become available in mono (which would bring a welcome FPS boost)
PC settings off the top of my head are;

Intel i7 4ghz Quad. 32gb RAM. SSD's.
Occulus Rift CV1.
GFX 1070ti 8gb.
Game settings. I set everything in the middle to high settings. In V4.5 I run everything maxed without issues but I don't have much autogen.
I set FPS to 30.

When I fly VR in 4.5 with gfx settings maxed I get smooth gameplay even with VFR London.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Many thanks Ted :thumbsup:

FWIW for anyone out there, I found setting unlimited FPS and forcing Asynchronous SpaceWarp (ASW) off (I used the Oculus Tray Tool) worked wonders.

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Ted,

I’ve no issues at all with the GenX scenery and the UK2000 and ScotFlight addons in v5. I did have problems with so AI (ships and aircraft) causing CTD and some of my old scenery that I had converted years ago using MCX.

ImageImageImage

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

TSR2 wrote:
10 May 2020, 18:01
Hi Ted,

I’ve no issues at all with the GenX scenery and the UK2000 and ScotFlight addons in v5. I did have problems with so AI (ships and aircraft) causing CTD and some of my old scenery that I had converted years ago using MCX.
Hmmm. All I did was point V5 at GenX vol 1 scenery area (same as V4.5) and as soon as I loaded the sim it ctd'd?
Any ideas?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I’m doing the same mate, and that’s with all of the GenX stuff loaded. What airport did you start the sim at when it crashed? Do you have any AI loaded?

ImageImageImage