Simworks Studios Phantom

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Simworks Studios Phantom

Post by Motormouse »

Airspeed wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 14:30
Motormouse wrote:
10 Apr 2020, 13:52
The FSX (not latest P3d super-dooper PBR materials) one is free on their own website,and even the 'PBR' one is 39.00 EU

https://simworksstudios.com/

funny how Simmarket have it back up at $50-odd;

ttfn

Pete
Well, Pete,
That was looking fantastic, signed up with them, added the Phantom to the shopping cart, went to checkout, "No payment info required"
I see the item in the basket, but the PLACE ORDER button won't change to a hand, neither will anything else. Checked my orders = You have not placed any orders. This is becoming a bit of a habit with me. :$
You have to fill in your billing address details ( only address not cc details ) as well,
then the Place Order button will work, once you've done that, you'll get an email order confirmation , that will have the download linky....but ....it won't work straightaway, you have to wait for a n other email with the license key to arrive ( in my case it was there this morning , and have downloaded now )

Or.... it should be back to free on simmarket now too.

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

Angus Prune
Comet
Comet

Post by Angus Prune »

It's back to free on Simmarket until tomorrow according to this link https://secure.simmarket.com/gratis.php

Also free today is the Sim Skunkworks F-104G if you feel like wrestling with the keyless installer and the separate download of texture files ;)
"I don't care how many times they go up-diddly-up-up; they're still gits."

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

One of these (no idea which one between the F4 F104 and the Fiat) knocked out my FSUIPC. Took a while to work out why nothing was working correctly. A reinstall of FSUIPC was achieved following a trip to the basement to dig out my little black book of FS related the registration details. Who put that handy book down there eh missus? 8)
Alex

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

I've given up on this. :|
Although all my address details were there, I "updated" them.
Finally got the ORDER button to work, but over 12 hours later, it is still PENDING, although I have two emails telling me it's ready to download, I still get "Something's gone wrong"
When I check my status, there are two Phantoms pending, because last night after "something went wrong" and I had nothing in my cart and no downloads purchased, I ordered it again.
EDIT:
I had originally tried Simmarket, and when that failed, went to SMS.
Popped back to the market, and got the d/l no trouble, along with the Virtual Landing Officer and Carrier extension.
The aircraft certainly beats the Tiger Moth to 24,000ft, but isn't such a great VFR platform.
Now, I keep getting a warning that there is another instance of SODE running, and it must be shut down.
FSX then crashes - Fatal Error - restarts, then warns me about SODE again.
Even when I shut down FSX, it restarts itself and goes into this loop.
Maybe the shortest ever visitor to my hangar. :agree:
Last edited by Airspeed on 12 Apr 2020, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Vancouver wrote:
11 Apr 2020, 22:21
One of these (no idea which one between the F4 F104 and the Fiat) knocked out my FSUIPC. Took a while to work out why nothing was working correctly. A reinstall of FSUIPC was achieved following a trip to the basement to dig out my little black book of FS related the registration details. Who put that handy book down there eh missus? 8)
Apparently it was the Phantom, there are reports of it overwriting the DLL.xml file, so anything called up in there won't work. I don't know if it only affects the Fsx version as I never had a problem in P3d.
Dave G.