MSFS 2020 Beta

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

MSFS 2020 Beta

Post by chrispbits »

Apparently MSFS 2020 is moving to closed Beta testing in July. And AH are doing Concord for that sim and P3D v5 and v4.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: MSFS 2020 Beta

Post by TSR2 »

They're targeting a "Holiday 20" release and plan to make it a launch title on the new XBox X. Tbh, it might be hard to hit that with the COVID thing.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

You might be pleasantly surprised Ben. The people I work for invested heavily in remote working last year and it seems to have paid off. Mind you video conferences are more fun than expected, involving children, pets, deliveries etc. I would expect MS to be on top of the game for this stuff

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

i enrolled to test at the beginning and never had a single thing.

they dont want developers testing for some reason :wall:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Rick, I enrolled at the start too, but never heard a thing. I think they've a pretty big collection for this Alpha phase, but expect it to grow significantly when they hit Beta, possibly towards the end of the summer.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

Every time a new sim goes to Beta everyone and his Wife gets to test it when they have no idea what they are looking at
and us that have an idea and could make the sim better get ignored.

Just like most of the UK Commercial developers that produce stuff too early and take 3 patches to make it acceptable.

none of them want talent, just speed. :rant:

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

I thought you were pretty quick Rick.

;)

Rick Piper
The Gurus

Post by Rick Piper »

:shhh: :worried:

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Not just UK commercial developers - P3D v5 is a case in point; there's absolutely no way that they released the product not knowing the bugs present at release but rather than being transparent about that they release it as a finished product. And b*gger me there's a hotfix soon after release to fix all the bugs that have magically become apparent since the public got hold of it.

I think that generally holds true for most payware developers - get the money coming in and fix the bugs in the background. We know it but it would be good for developers to acknowledge it.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Working as a software developer myself I am not surprised at these kind of things. You can test it yourself all you want, you can get your friends to test, you can get a large group of beta testers to try, but nothing is like when you finally release it to the public and they start using what you have created in ways you could never have anticipated, so give them credit when they get that hot fix out soon after release to fix all the bugs that have magically become apparent since the public got hold of it.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.