Orbx UK Sale

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Orbx UK Sale

Post by blanston12 »

I see that ORBX has its UK products on sale 30% and I am unsure what path to take. I currently have the England and Scotland regions and TE-GBS which I currently don't have installed. My internal debate is the other TE-GB packages or Wales region. True that the TE packages have better detail and with P3Dv5 they now work in an acceptable manner, but they have the major deficiency of being only one Season. So I was wondering what the experience others have had with these.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Orbx UK Sale

Post by TSR2 »

Tbh Joe, I find the VFR products (not orbx, just in general) really great even though they are only one season. That’s because I like that they are accurate. I’m not a fan of autogen of any sort, orbx or otherwise.
I’ve been contemplating the TE stuff, but with GenX and P3D working in P3D5 and FS2020 due, I cant justify spend significant sums of cash on something I’ve already got a flavour of, and that my well be obsolete in 6 months time. If I were you I would complete your TE collection.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

I have all the TE UK regions and do recommend them. The Just Flight photo scenery with P3D looks washed out in comparism.

Nev

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Thanks for the advice, I know MSFS2020 may be out soon and that may change everything, but for now V5 has really breathed new life into P3D and i'm very excited about it. I have the MSFS alpha and between usability and bugs and lack of aircraft it has not grabbed me yet, although the streaming terrain is quite amazing, who knows how much that will cost.

There was a flight I did this last winter, flying from Scotland to an airport in southern England that really brought the importance of seasons. Flying over the white snowy country side was great until I got to the green line that divided TE-GBS from the England Region. Landing, it had the January appropriate snowy runway and trees but the green scenery really ruined the effect. Photo real scenery is often great from 10k feet but get close and it ruins the effect. Seeing images of flat buildings and aircraft on the ground is not very satisfying.

Think I will just get wales and save the rest of my money for now.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.