X-Plane Sale Now On.

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

X-Plane Sale Now On.

Post by Nigel H-J »

Some great savings to be had with 20 -70% off. Quite a few have interested me.

Boeing 727 or the Pilatus or even the Dash Legacy or perhaps.................!! :doh: No doubt Chris will be pointing me towards a couple but have to get past the wife first!! :lol:

https://store.x-plane.org/

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: X-Plane Sale Now On.

Post by Paul K »

At only $45, that FlyJSim 727 looks like a real bargain.

Doesn't it, Nigel.
:wasntme:

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Doesn't it, Nigel.
:wasntme:
I'm very very tempted and just say to the good wife, I accidentally pressed pay now!! :hide: :help: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

To be honest mate, I'd save your pennies and wait.

My latest purchase was the Hot Start TBM900 which I've been flying around the world in.

Some of the bits on the X-Plane store are tempting but there are other offerings headed our way soon, those being...

Justflight 146
Justflight Fokker 28 (with 70 & 100 to follow later apparently)
Justflight A300-B4
Rotate MD11
iniSimulations A300-600

I'd really like the FlyJSim 737-200 but it isn't totally accurate in its shape and therefore doesn't warrant the price for me.
Last edited by Charlie Bravo on 26 May 2020, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I'd really like the FlyJSim 737-200 but it isn't totally accurate in its shape and therefore doesn't warrant the price for me.
Hi Chris, I was thinking about the FlyJSim 727 Professional Version 3, is that the one you meant? if so would be interested in why it is not accurate in it's shape! Had a look and compared it with the real version but somehow cannot see what is different.

Had a look at the upcoming aircraft you have listed and that is enough to wet my appetite especially the Rotate MD11. Had a look at the Rotate MD-11 Forum on X-Plane and the latest posts are from the 'I Want It Now' Brigade, but the aircraft certainly interests me from a sale point of view!! :lol: :lol:

Still thinking about the 727 but cannot yet decide!! :wall:

Regards
Nigel.

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Only just noticed this thread but I can highly recommend the FlyJsim 727 and th 737 for that matter, it was these 2 aircraft that have got me into X-plane as I can fly them for the VA alonfg with the FlightFactor 757 I bought all 3 a couple of months ago. I have however just bought the FF 767 in the sale. As CB pointed to I think for me it will be the A300 when it becomes available although Fellis is doing a 747-200 also, exciting times ahead.....
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Nigel H-J wrote:
26 May 2020, 12:21
Hi Chris, I was thinking about the FlyJSim 727 Professional Version 3, is that the one you meant? if so would be interested in why it is not accurate in it's shape! Had a look and compared it with the real version but somehow cannot see what is different.

Had a look at the upcoming aircraft you have listed and that is enough to wet my appetite especially the Rotate MD11. Had a look at the Rotate MD-11 Forum on X-Plane and the latest posts are from the 'I Want It Now' Brigade, but the aircraft certainly interests me from a sale point of view!! :lol: :lol:

Still thinking about the 727 but cannot yet decide!! :wall:

Regards
Nigel.
It's the 737-200 I'm not keen on. There is just one thing that sticks out a mile for me and it's because we had a 737-200 at work in late 2017 which I had a good look around, both inside and out.
The engine pylons and intakes just don't look right. I'm not a fan of the 737 series as a whole BUT the 732 is a good looking aircraft. It's the only 737 I do like and that is because of its classic look with the JT8D's.

The beast I had a good look at...

FlyJSim version... (images borrowed from https://www.x-plained.com/review-fjs-732-twinjet-v3 )

I just can't get beyond the pylons and the intakes which is a shame because otherwise I'd have probably purchased it.

Ps, there's a good review of the 727 here... https://www.x-plained.com/review-flyjsi ... ssional-v3
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Chris and thanks for pointing that you were referring to the 737-200 series out, I had the Captain Sim 737 for FSX and one annoying thing was that you were limited to the amount of times installing it as registering was about 3 times max, then you had to e-mail them to have the registration re-activated.

Really enjoyed flying that model and think that Captain Sim had done a superb job with it, of course our late Ian (SpeedBird) had it for some time and he really enjoyed the model. Though still believe that Ben is not all that keen on it!! :lol:

Appears that the intakes on the modelled version are slightly bigger than of the one you photographed. :lol:

Had a quick glance through the 727 review and no surprise really but the aircraft had been tested by real 727 pilots which to be honest, is good news, the review overall certainly puts the a/c on the to buy list. Thanks Chris. :thumbsup:
Only just noticed this thread but I can highly recommend the FlyJsim 727 and th 737 for that matter, it was these 2 aircraft that have got me into X-plane as I can fly them for the VA alonfg with the FlightFactor 757 I bought all 3 a couple of months ago. I have however just bought the FF 767 in the sale. As CB pointed to I think for me it will be the A300 when it becomes available although Fellis is doing a 747-200 also, exciting times ahead.....
Thanks Andy, certainly great to hear your recommendation, also had a look at the FF767 and seen that there is also a DHL paint job for it. DHL is my pension company, as I used to work for British Road Services (when nationalised) then went to Pickfords Tankfreight when privatised, following a number of buy-outs DHL finally secured their stake in my old company so hope that I can get a DHL paint scheme for the 727 if I buy it! B-)

Regards
Nigel.

Globitz
Comet
Comet

Post by Globitz »

Nigel,

I have just had a look and the FlyJSim 727 professional pack does come with DHL colours as standard. Love flying the Freighters myself, aswell as CBFS I fly for a fed Ex virtual aswell so fly their paint mostly when ont in a Dan-Air -200!
Cheers

Andy

They did give a million monkeys a million typewriters. They call it the internet!
ImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Nigel,

I have just had a look and the FlyJSim 727 professional pack does come with DHL colours as standard. Love flying the Freighters myself, aswell as CBFS I fly for a fed Ex virtual aswell so fly their paint mostly when ont in a Dan-Air -200!
Thanks Andy, now as I am a pensioner of DHL I just wonder what the chances are of a jump seat ride from East Midlands!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.