P3D v5 Performance

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: P3D v5 Performance

Post by Nigel H-J »

Not yet tested any games I have but what I did find out was that a notification came up that my NVidia Control Panel has been updated, now this normally does not happen as far as I am aware, only if I decide to update my graphic card but even then there is no significant change apart from now.

Had never seen Virtual Reality variable Rate Super Sampling in the Global Settings before and there also appears to be more features added.

I am sure that the last time I updated my Graphics Card some of these settings were not there or am I beginning to lose the plot? :worried:

Another thought came through my mind on reading of the substantial increase in performance for P3D, could this in any way relate to the impending release of MS2020 this year? Remember what happened when FSX was first released? Have they now improved Win 10 in such a way that MS2020 will run even better than previously reported?

Will have to wait and see.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

You cynic Nigel. :) Exactly the same thought occurred to me - timed to enhance MSFS 2020.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

:lol: :lol: Time will tell!!

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Having spent a little more time with P3D and the new release of Windows 10 here are a few observations:

1. There is an increase in available VRAM.
2. There is reduction in VRAM usage for any given aircraft in P3D.
3. P3D is demonstrably smoother.
4. Texture rendering is quicker but still prone to lag.
5. Objects and autogen appear much further out - I was more than a bit surprised to spot the O2 in London almost immediately after take off from Gatwick.

Objectively and subjectively the new Windows has improved the visual performance of P3D quite substantially. Still not perfect by any means but getting closer to good.