X-Europe v5

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

X-Europe v5

Post by chrispbits »

For those that might not have seen it X-Europe v5 for X-Plane is out and is a very worthwhile update. It works very well with Ortho tiles and is quite an improvement on the previous version - better placement of buildings and, by and large, most roads are now free of trees when passing through forested areas. Highly recommended. And it's free.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: X-Europe v5

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Chris, regarding X Europe V5, can you just install areas you want? Reason I'm asking is that I already have TE UK and like it a lot but if I only want to have Germany and France added can this be done without having to install the whole lot?

Don't really want to pay for TE Germany just yet as MS2020 looks really promising but that will have to wait for a while even after its' release.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Chris, downloaded it anyway to have a look at what and where to install, unfortunately I don't think there is an easy way in which to sort out areas and all looks very complicated to me to commit myself to it.

Think I am going to give this one a miss but thanks anyway for the HU.

Regards
Nigel.

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Hi Nigel, X-Europe can be installed to work with ORBX TE products. Just set the scenery folders in the right place in your scenery config file.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Tried and got completely lost, scenery loaded but was all screwed up and could not make head nor tail of the Scenery Packs Order :wall: so back to square one.

Nigel.

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Don't give up Nigel. Put your SimHeaven stuff below ORBX scenery and in the order of simHeaven_Vegetation_Library/ first then the remainder in number order from 1 through to 7.

Do you have any Ortho stuff for Europe? If not I can recommend it, even doing your own using the Ortho4XP tool. If you have the space go for LOD 17 if not 16 is fine and will give better results than ORBX TE GB in a lot of cases.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Chris, re-installed the folders started X-Plane then shut it down , changed the order in the scenery file re-started and loaded a flight had about 4 boxes claiming errors on loading scenery but ran it any-way. Much better than the default scenery that's for sure but cannot find where to download the Ortho-Tiles for Europe and certainly don't want to have to go through the routine I did a few years ago to get them!! :doh:

As I was sat flying around over in France a thought occurred to me and that is when MS2020 comes out, I cannot think of a better way to be able to fly worldwide with one payment to MS and not shell out extra money for sceneries such as Germany France and major airports just to make the sim look more realistic!!

Regards
Nigel.

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Sounds like you don't have some of the scenery files in the right place Nigel. Everything should be in, or at least linked to, Custom Scenery.

Yes getting the ortho tiles is a bit of a PITA but worth it in the end. Heartily agree re MSFS 2020 - here's hoping!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Chris, got it working without any errors, my fault as had forgotten the Open Scenery so installed and now working, France in rural areas not very good so a bit surprised by that as the scenery is rather like the default apart from buildings but might just be me being so used to ORBX. Certainly larger towns are much better as are the trees. Not going to use Ortho as with the Tile being 17 each one of those come to 2GB in size and I really need to keep space on my SSD, only have around 450GB Free out of 1TB.

Regards
Nigel.