More X-Plane Stuff - Gazelle

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

More X-Plane Stuff - Gazelle

Post by chrispbits »

I suspect there's more than a couple here that have a few hours in a Gazelle either as passenger, observer or pilot. There's a rather nice payware Gazelle for X-Plane. It looks and sounds good - the only problem I have is getting into the air in a controlled manner and keeping it up there. This is definitely a case of RTFM as I've seen a video of it flying so when I get the time I think I'll do that. Should keep the fires out long enough for me to have a bit of fun.

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Re: More X-Plane Stuff - Gazelle

Post by chrispbits »

Managed to get the Gazelle up and down in what might be described as controlled flight. The manual suggests assigning throttle to Wing Sweep to operate the helicopter throttle and rotor brake but that leaves the collective with no direct control. As far as I could see there's no non-joystick option for the collective so I assigned the joystick throttle to the Collective and that seemed to work okay. The Collective is extremely sensitive - the thing leapt up like a Gazelle! Flys nicely with a lot of RH rudder and a great observation platform.