Ortho4XP

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Ortho4XP

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Nigel H-J wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 18:45
Quite an area you have covered Chris would there be any chance of a couple of screen shots just to see what it is like in the lower tiles assuming that they are zoom level 16?

Many thanks in advance

Regards
Nigel.
Hi mate,

Sorry for the late reply. The area I've done uses 313gb of hard drive space and will suffice quality wise at lower levels. Yes it's not great but when at altitude, it looks OK.

I did a very quick flight from Madrid to Barcelona earlier and took a few shots for you. You can see the colour difference in some of the tiles but it is free scenery after all.
The runway is part of the payware enhancement ALES v2.

A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Chris, very many thanks for doing the screenshots. I have 495GB free as using a 1TB SSD Disc but somehow I don't know whether I want to do all that again, had done the whole of the UK long before Orbx did TE UK and as my flights are mainly UK any-way with some now stretching into Europe I might just leave it as it is for the time being as if I do go MS2020, I will need to use the rest of my SSD for installation.

Again, many thanks for posting it looks very good indeed!! :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

A quick update on my Ortho experience...

I give up with it. Having spent an age compiling all of those tiles, I get random messages such as...

and with that, X-Plane promptly closes. There's only so many times I can take off in the same aircraft, on the same route and not get to the destination because of this.
It's a shame because when you get visuals like this for free, it really does make it a pleasure to use.

A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Chris, did some Googling in regards to your problem and there are a number of help questions regarding similar problems, on the link below have a look at Bassmans comments and sorry I cannot help you on this: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... r-terrain/

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Guys,

I'm struggling. I've downloaded Python, Installed all of the whl packages, visual studio build etc.... but when I omen the command prompt go to my OthoXP directory and type:- python Ortho4XP_v130.py

I get the error below.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Ortho4XP_v130.py", line 9, in <module>
import O4_Imagery_Utils as IMG
File ".\src\O4_Imagery_Utils.py", line 6, in <module>
import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'
I'm clearly doing something really stupid :worried:

Any ideas? I was expecting some sort of program to launch.

[EDIT]
Nice to see they keep the Install_Instructions.txt up to date :wall: :wall: :wall: Theres an exe in the Binary folder :wall: :wall: :wall:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Ben, you should be able to download Ortho4XP 1.30 as a package. It's not very clearly sign posted so easy to miss. I've tried to find it and cannot find a direct link to it anywhere. I'm nowhere near my PC at the moment so can't search extensively.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I did download the package, that’s the one that still has the old install instructions about installing python etc 😂

ImageImageImage

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Okay. I didn't install Python and all was well. Maybe that's the answer?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Yes, I’ve got it working fine. The point was that the installation.txt doesn’t mention that you don’t need to follow any of those steps anymore and you can just click on the exe 😁

ImageImageImage