Which Version of MS2020 Would You Buy?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Which MS2020 will you buy?

Poll ended at 12 Aug 2020, 18:44

No purchase
11%
Standard
5%
De-Lux
3%
Premium
30%
Will Wait
43%
Will Not Purchase
8%

Total votes: 37

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Which Version of MS2020 Would You Buy?

Post by GHD »

DaveG wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 20:21
Totally agree with Ben. I'll definitely get it, most probably the premium version, but I really hope for a public SDK. It's always been the third party content that has made the FS series appealing to every type of simmer.
I agree.
George

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

With regards to an SDK and third party involvement, I read earlier in the year that Microsoft was in contact with about 50 add-on developers, including Aerosoft who admitted to such but wouldn’t elaborate due to the strict NDA. Somewhere or other, there is an official MSFS2020 video with the logos of various developers scrolling at the bottom of the screen - I distinctly remember Orbx being one of them.

These payware companies may have to become licensed partners, with MS taking a cut of their sales, so where would that leave freeware developers ? Would the SDK be available to them too ?

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I'm going to get the Premium. $119 seems like a lot, but when you look at what you get, the airports alone make it worth the extra cost. Consider that an addon airport averages $20 anymore. Even a "basic" addon aircraft like from Carenado is $30. Over the base version, you're getting 10 extra airplanes and airports for a much less.

As for 3rd party - there's been hints from several major developers that they've talked to MS and when you look at some of the scenery they're releasing it looks a lot like Aerosoft and/or ORBX are participating because it wouldn't make sense for Asobo to spend their own time to do work already done by others.

adysmith
VC10
VC10

Post by adysmith »

From the reviews I have seen even the most expensive version does not give as many airports (by a HUGE margin) as current FSX/SE/P3D.

On that basis I will not buy it, can we have that option added to the poll please?
ImageImage
Old pilots never die, they just run out of runway.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I’ve added no purchase to the poll, but it’s reset the votes so people will need to vote again.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Thanks for putting the no purchase up. One of the other reasons I wont purchase is I have purchased add ons that work in P3D and unless something drastic happens and they are made compatible it will just be wasted money.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Simon, have added a further 2 votes one for I will wait and another for no purchase

Sorry, my fault.

Umm Ben, now got 2 polls after I corrected the first one. which one shall I delete or could you delete one?

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

adysmith wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 07:46
From the reviews I have seen even the most expensive version does not give as many airports (by a HUGE margin) as current FSX/SE/P3D.

On that basis I will not buy it, can we have that option added to the poll please?
Certainly with respect to the UK there are a lot more airfields than the default FS9, FSX, P3D or Xplane (no withstanding those that have permanently shut over the last however many years.)

The ones in the lists are not the default airports, but extra high detail ones.

ImageImageImage

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

40 airports only?

Not for me.

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Its not 40 airports, its something like 80000. That's what I'm saying, you're misreading it.

ImageImageImage