Which Version of MS2020 Would You Buy?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Which MS2020 will you buy?

Poll ended at 12 Aug 2020, 18:44

No purchase
11%
Standard
5%
De-Lux
3%
Premium
30%
Will Wait
43%
Will Not Purchase
8%

Total votes: 37

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Which Version of MS2020 Would You Buy?

Post by Scorpius »

Interesting. I have a good internet connection, top of the range PC and can afford the premium version but something is stopping me.

I have spent alot of money on P3D (£600+) and I am hoping that Lockheed Martin will come up with something to compete.

I see that ORBX are going to give discounts on airfields if you have bought them for P3D or XPlane previously.

Let's see what happens.

Nev

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Nev, Orbx discount will be in the region of about 20%, I think that was the discount should I purchase Cardiff Airport as had it for EU FSX and that one came free in the scenery but for some reason Orbx had not included it into TE South.

They may have included it into EU Wales because in comparison to England and Scotland, Wales is very much smaller area and was, I think, the same price as the rest. Coming back to MS2020 I don't think that the discount will be any more than I put at the beginning though it would be nice if it was around 40%.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Can anybody tell me what the incentive (point) is for pre-ordering the download version? I don't see any clear indication of a discount, early access or download priority etc. Why not buy it on the 17th or 18th etc of August? :dunno:

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

None whatsoever! :lol:
The only advantage usually is to be able to download it before hand, then it unlocks on the release date, so you're ready to go.
Dave G.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

DaveG wrote:
16 Jul 2020, 17:14
The only advantage usually is to be able to download it before hand, then it unlocks on the release date, so you're ready to go.
That is advantage enough, if one wants to beat the rush to download and the resultant crashing of servers! :thumbsup:

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Am I misunderstanding the position and the map so cleverly created , or is the selection of fields ridiculously limited whichever edition one buys ? Nothing in Russia. 2 in Africa. 1 in NZ- what use is that ? Nothing in the Southern half of S America .2 in the UK, and that only with Premium . 1 in Australia ( I think ) . 1 in Japan . Unless I have got it wrong, I shall not be touching it with a bargepole

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

These are the “enhanced” airports Chris. There are circa 80000 airports and airfields / strips globally. That number comes with all versions, even the standard edition. The airports on the map show which enhanced airports come with each edition, each edition adding to the one below.

I guess it really depends on which airfields you want to have at a level that is enhanced. I know Garry at UK2000 is working on versions of his airports, although he’s not in a position to disclose which ones. So if I was going to but the most expensive edition just to get Heathrow, you might be better to buy the standard edition and buy a separate addon product from another vendor when they release theirs.

Hope that’s clearer.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Ah, thank you for that very prompt reply . Is there anything in the "trailers" which shows the standard of the non-detailed ones , or are the ones that Peter has shown based only on the detailed fields ? Sorry to bombard with questions

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Not that I’m aware of yet
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I remember that a company has actually edited 27000 airports already...I expect they will be offered eventually!