Which Version of MS2020 Would You Buy?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Which MS2020 will you buy?

Poll ended at 12 Aug 2020, 18:44

No purchase
11%
Standard
5%
De-Lux
3%
Premium
30%
Will Wait
43%
Will Not Purchase
8%

Total votes: 37

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Which Version of MS2020 Would You Buy?

Post by Nigel H-J »

I remember that a company has actually edited 27000 airports already...I expect they will be offered eventually!
Wonder which airports and also whether they may be free?? Doubt it, too much money to be made with MS2020. 8)

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Worth a look, re: airfields

https://youtu.be/Qpi5zE1BzWE

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

One video worth watching as he comes up with some relevant comments on each version of MS2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhyC3yxm7EU

Regards
Nigel.

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

It's a no purchase for me. Too much stuff that I don't want to fly.

Nev

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I mentioned privately, I may switch my order to standard edition as although it would be nice to have Heathrow, I’ll undoubtedly end up buying the UK2000 ones. Given that I’m not arsed about any of the default aircraft, or any of the version specific airports, I might put the extra £50 to better use.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

My opinion changes daily! :worried: At this rate I'll end up making my decision on the 17th of August... but if I were forced to buy today it'd be the Standard edition.

I have a niggling worry in the back of my mind that when new updates/versions come along they could be dependant on what Edition you have. For instance, on 18th August '20 there will be no helicopters available... MS says it will include helicopters in a future version... but will the availability only be open to those with Deluxe of Premium editions? Another scenario is MS decides to make 3x helicopters, e.g. R22, EC-135 and S92, i.e. one for each Edition. What if I bought Standard edition but I now want the S92 only available in the Premium edition? Can I upgrade?

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

While you might be right when it comes to MS produced stuff, I have my doubts they’re going to get involved in the addon game. It’s a recipe for disaster as they’d be competing with their own marketplace. I suspect they’ll leave 3rd parties to it when it comes to addons.

The one addon is love to see would be proper liveries on the real time air traffic.

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I mentioned privately, I may switch my order to standard edition as although it would be nice to have Heathrow, I’ll undoubtedly end up buying the UK2000 ones. Given that I’m not arsed about any of the default aircraft, or any of the version specific airports, I might put the extra £50 to better use.
There is also the other option Ben, Orbx often have a sale but of late it has only been around 20 - 25% but you could always grab their Heathrow in a sale or from another developer.

As for the helicopters I am just wondering whether they will support those who develop aircraft/helicopters just for the enjoyment? I think MS will be making a huge mistake if they don't include a category for Free-Ware, if say FSX aircraft can be used in MS2020 then I for one would dearly love to fly the Trident or HS748 in MS2020 but, I could be kidding myself as I have a nasty feeling that MS will only allow payware developers the option of aircraft and scenery add-ons. If this will be the case then I think a lot will probably desert MS for their normal sims such as P3D and X-Plane to enjoy their favourite free-ware a/c.

Am I being too sceptical? I'm I being a bit of a pessimistic?

Regards

Nigel.

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

Why no helicopters?

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Nigel,

Its already been offered out to 3rd parties to develop models for the Sim. It wont be ready day 1, but the infrastructure is already there. I also suspect (from what I've pieced together) that it might be done in such a way as it will be very difficult for someone to use someone else's model as the basis of their own work, which, if true, is to be welcomed..

I'm a little surprised they haven't included at least one helicopter... but that said, when you look at who they have partnered with to build the default models, I don't think any of them are prolific helicopter modelers. I think it will certainly be capable for running rotary wing stuff though.

ImageImageImage