Which Version of MS2020 Would You Buy?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Which MS2020 will you buy?

Poll ended at 12 Aug 2020, 18:44

No purchase
11%
Standard
5%
De-Lux
3%
Premium
30%
Will Wait
43%
Will Not Purchase
8%

Total votes: 37

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Which Version of MS2020 Would You Buy?

Post by Nigel H-J »

You can if needed, change the version you've chosen.

Standard $60 approx £47.61

De-Lux $89.99 approx £71.40

Premium De-lux $199.99 approx 95.21.

Regards
Nigel.
Last edited by Nigel H-J on 14 Jul 2020, 12:01, edited 3 times in total.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Which Version of MS2020 Would You Buy?

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Nigel,

The UK pricing is below:-

£59.99 (Standard) (Included with Xbox Game Pass so no need to buy it if you subscribe to this - Xbox Game Pass works on PC and Xbox)

£79.99 (Delux)

£109.99 (Premium Delux)

Also all versions are eligible for Xbox Play Anywhere, meaning that if you buy the PC version, you can also play it on the Xbox when it becomes available.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Thanks Ben, did not see the UK Pricing. Also going to add on the poll whether or not going to buy.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Short answer is no for that price. I will stick to P3d. My friend in the US sent the price he has been quoted for the deluxe and we ar epaying the equivalent of 50 dollars more.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

For me I will probably buy the premium version. I remember getting the base version of either FSX or FS9 and then regretting I did not get the deluxe version and ended up rebuying it. I usually end up buying most simulators if for nothing else to support the industry. I always blame those who said "I am not interested in , I am sticking with FS9" with having killed MS Game studio in the first place, only now are things getting back on track.

While I agree that 119$/£109.99 is not cheap and there are some who may genuinely not be able to afford it, but for many of us we are willing to spend 2k+ to get the hardware we need to run the sim but baulk at spending 100+ on the software itself, when it was the reason we got the hardware in the first place.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just been speaking with my friend who works for Microsoft. I think the pricing is fair, but there are still a lot of unknowns. Will 3rd party / community addons be supported. Will the SDK be made available to the community. The success of the franchise, and indeed P3D has been down to both of these factors IMHO. I'll undoubtedly get the premium one (Its my birthday the day of release :lol: ) From what I have seen it looks excellent and very cleverly done with the world model / Weather / AI etc. But without aircraft I'm interested in flying, some of which may not be commercially available, without a community of developers to support it, it might have a difficult birth. Having said all that, it may also attract some new blood, which wouldnt be a bad thing.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Totally agree with Ben. I'll definitely get it, most probably the premium version, but I really hope for a public SDK. It's always been the third party content that has made the FS series appealing to every type of simmer.
Dave G.

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

Depends on what hardware is required to run it.

I still run fs9 ( Joe ) because on my system X defaults to a slide show after 15 minutes.

I dont have the spare cash to shell out out for a new base machine just to run FS

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Probably Premium but it depends on the add-on community. If it remains as vibrant as it has been/is for FSX/P3D then it may be worth getting the Standard edition. Having said that if the extra aircraft and airports provided by Microsoft are of sufficient quality to be value for money (likely in my view) then Premium would be the way to go.

Having just plastered all of France, Belgium, Netherlands, almost all of Italy and bits of Germany and Spain in photo tiles in X-Plane and seen how good that is I can see that a colour corrected photo covered globe would be well worth the investment.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

It would be nice on the poll to have a bit for those who will not buy it.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman