Which Version of MS2020 Would You Buy?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Which MS2020 will you buy?

Poll ended at 12 Aug 2020, 18:44

No purchase
11%
Standard
5%
De-Lux
3%
Premium
30%
Will Wait
43%
Will Not Purchase
8%

Total votes: 37

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Which Version of MS2020 Would You Buy?

Post by blanston12 »

Nigel I think I also have to disagree with you the X-Plane airport you mentioned was 'better', it may have had more details than the MSFS version, but here is an actual satellite image I created using Google earth.

If you compare that image to the first two you posted, the tarmac color and the lines painted on the tarmac and the outlines of the building is much more true to life in the MSFS screen shot that your first X-Plane shot.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Oh dear, looks like I have created rather strong criticisms here, but I still stand by my posting, all I was doing was pointing out the lack of buildings and what have you at MS2020 default airports, I know that the airports in X-Plane all have undergone improvements over and above what they used to be like and that was very poor and would have remained so but for Gateway but my criticisms' were based on what I had seen.

With X-Plane default airports I have never compared them to either pay-ware or even against free-ware, I am more than satisfied with what I have got presently but would not be happy flying to default airports as seen presently in MS2020.

Just my opinion and stick by it. ;)

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Nigel, I think the point that was being made is that what you were calling a default airport in XP isn’t actually a default airport. Absolutely horses for courses though, but as a point of clarity the guys were pointing out that Inverness for example isn’t default. 😉
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

TSR2 wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 13:02
what you were calling a default airport in XP isn’t actually a default airport
Spot on... and much more succinct than my ramble! :lol:

To put it another way, it is important to compare apples-with-apples, rather than apples-with-oranges (especially when the new apple is likely to be toffee coated and on a stick in very short order, if you'll indulge me the embellished metaphor! :lol: )

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Nigel, I think the point that was being made is that what you were calling a default airport in XP isn’t actually a default airport. Absolutely horses for courses though, but as a point of clarity the guys were pointing out that Inverness for example isn’t default. 😉
Apologies for me getting mixed up, must be my age I guess but have always looked upon the airports in X-Plane 11 as default but guess that is because I have never seen the real default ones' since Gateway have implemented their own. :$

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Absolutely no need to apologise. I’ve taken the plunge because it’s coming up to my birthday. P3D4.5 is still the best of the bunch for what and where I fly at the moment and it isn’t going anywhere anytime soon 😊

ImageImageImage

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

TSR2 wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 21:03
P3D4.5 is still the best of the bunch for what and where I fly at the moment and it isn’t going anywhere anytime soon 😊
Similar here (only different 'cos I like v5).

MSFS will become the 4th sim I have installed, alongside Prepar3D, XP11 and DCS. The best of all worlds 😉 I think it'll continue like that for a year or two and then perhaps drop down to 3, or even just 2, depending on how rapidly MSFS matures and expands.

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Getting back to the question of which Edition to buy... I believe most (all?) testers have had access to the Standard Edition... or has anyone here had access to the hand-crafted Heathrow also? If so, I'd like to know how it compares to Aerosoft's Mega Airport London Heathrow Professional (for P3D V4/V5) please?

Many thanks

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just standard mate, the other stuff has been kept in house I believe.

ImageImageImage

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

For anyone wishing to see a visual representation of which default aircraft are available in which Edition I found the following very useful.

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,