Which Version of MS2020 Would You Buy?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Which MS2020 will you buy?

Poll ended at 12 Aug 2020, 18:44

No purchase
11%
Standard
5%
De-Lux
3%
Premium
30%
Will Wait
43%
Will Not Purchase
8%

Total votes: 37

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Which Version of MS2020 Would You Buy?

Post by TSR2 »

I see what you mean Skip. At least they are animated. Airststairs would be a nice addition. It’s got so much potential.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Looking at the price of each version (unfinished of course) I don't think I have enough time left to benefit from a finished product......
Keith

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

I pre ordered the standard version yesterday. Although isn't it just an order at this late stage? :dunno:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

If you ordered in the windows 10 App Store it’s should have downloaded the app into the store straight away. It should be build 1.17.12.0 if I remember correctly. It’s just over 1GB, but this is just the program. No scenery, models or anything. When the day comes you’ll be able to launch the program, it will then start downloading all the other bits. That will take hours, I’ll leave mine running overnight.

ImageImageImage

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Was the French Windows App store cheaper Ben?

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just edited my last post, I don’t know where France came from. That’s probably confused everybody now. I didn’t meant to type France, sorry all. :worried:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Every time I see some of the videos of MS2020 I get this urge to purchase but................Something is still niggling me about MS2020, this came about after MS had stated a free update for VR which is very very nice for those who use it but has any-one sat back and thought about MS employing 3rd party partnerships who are developing AI, and weather?

MS2020 will not be like all the other MS Flight Simulators whereby when it was developed, the put on sale to the public and forgotten with very few updates if any, to improve the simulation.

Now we have a simulation that is very likely not going to stand still so bearing in mind of other simulation platforms not necessarily about flight, but also Trains, F1 Racing sims all of these over time are upgraded to another level which means to us, the user, more money has to be spent in order to benefit from a new updated simulation, it can be said that you can always stay with what you have, if X-Plane update from 11 to 12 and there is very little change to the present platform I will stay where I am.

MS and its' partners will be supporting MS2020 for the foreseeable future they will be paid by MS to provide whatever software is required and also update that software, now MS will have made quite a bit of money from selling their product but will still need more money in order to pay their partners hence somewhere at the back of my mind is where I can see MS following the traits of other developers so as to keep selling their product.

Sorry, this is not a rant............ this is just speculation, any business that ploughs money into a product has to find ways to improve it so that interest never dies, be interesting to see how and what MS have planned for the long term as I cannot imagine that like their previous Flight Simulation Platforms they will leave this one static!! *-)

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

MS will get a cut of anything sold within the Sim as there is an in game marketplace, that’s were they get recurring revenue.

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Anyone who has had access to the Alpha / Beta, you may have missed this:-
I participated to the Alpha/Closed Beta, do I need to uninstall the preview build if I purchased a retail copy of MSFS?

Access to Closed Beta will be ending on 08.17 (10 AM PST).

The release build is not an update to the current Beta build—If you purchased a retail copy of MSFS, please uninstall the Closed Beta build completely before installing the release build.

Please also note that keybindings will be reset.

ImageImageImage

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

From the LM website;

'The entire Lockheed Martin team is proud to launch Prepar3D v5 after more than two years since our last major release. Prepar3D v5 is a foundation release and first step in the development of an all new platform built for next generation simulation and training. Beyond our traditional flight simulator roots, Prepar3D v5 is better positioned to deliver multi-domain simulation and training exercises including live, virtual, and constructive (LVC) training where realism is critical. '

So what is around the corner I wonder?

Nev