Train Sim World 2 Coming

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Train Sim World 2 Coming

Post by Nigel H-J »

Release date 20th August 2020, watching the videos it appears that the graphics have been enhanced and is by far much better than the present simulation.

There is a 10% discount on pre-orders but doubt that I will take up this offer as had to spend money on other items however, next month maybe, will wait and see some of the videos on You Tube. One thing is that on some of the add-ons you have can be used in this new platform.

On the following link below, as it appears, (if I am reading it right) that not only can you use your routes in TSW 2020 but also download those routes to work in the new version so just wonder whether they may have updated the graphic engine on routes from TSW 2020 to match that of the new version? *-) as one of the questions is:

Will Add-Ons I already own be free in Train Sim World 2?

Answer: Yes. Your purchased Add-On routes and locos from Train Sim World 2020 will be free to download and play within Train Sim World 2.
Please note New York, Amtrak SW1000R and CSX GP40-2 are not part of Preserved Collection.

Scroll down for Question and Answers:

https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/tra ... orld#faq-3

Train Sim World 2 2020

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1282 ... m_World_2/

Any-one thought about purchasing this?

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Train Sim World 2 Coming

Post by spatialpro »

Many thanks for the HU Nigel :thumbsup:

I'll likely purchase this if & when it appears in a Steam sale event (Black Friday? New Year 2021?)

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

It does look very nice. On the Steam sale list for me too. I bet you still can't use a flight sim throttle with it, however.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

I personally will never buy anything made by dovetail again

I bought the flightsim they made then it dissapeared with no refund of my money

Ripoff :dunno:

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Rick Piper wrote:
12 Aug 2020, 17:04
I personally will never buy anything made by dovetail again
I know where you're coming from Rick. I haven't been disappointed with TSW though (not that I use it anywhere near as much as my flight sims), but I still won't buy anything from them which isn't discounted in a sale event... at which point I feel the cost/benefit is worth the gamble :thumbsup:

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I have to admit I was a bit more than brassed off when I got TSW2020 as thought it was a totally new train simulation but the graphics well, not quite what I thought it would be. Still, it is something different away from flying in X-Plane and car racing in rFactor 2.

I am going to purchase TSW 2 2020 in the next few weeks as after all, my birthday coming up so will treat myself, had thought about whether to buy an aircraft for X-Plane but very happy with the ones' I already own.

When Dovetail have another sale towards Xmas I will then purchase a couple of routes to add to my collection, from watching the video of TSW 2 I am quite impressed by the graphics and it is a huge leap upwards from TSW2020.

Also be interesting to see what (if any) improvements have been made to keyboard commands and whether or not one is able to use throttles instead of keys.

Regards
Nigel.

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Not sure if I'll get it or not. I was a little late to the party with TSW2020 but having purchased most of the extras, it feels like they've given up with TSW, dumped it and moved on.

I read numerous forum posts asking why they couldn't update the Unreal Engine to the latest version and why there was still no steam available.
To me it seemed like they simply had no time and didn't understand how to implement it.

Edit - Sorry it was TSW2020 I had purchased.
Last edited by Charlie Bravo on 13 Aug 2020, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Chris, I had purchased TSW thinking it would be OK then I found that the scenery was nothing like that on You Tube, I think a lot of users had tweaked their graphics many times over to get what I saw on the videos. It was then I purchased TSW2020 thinking that it was a new release, nope, not a chance it was but keep using it as much better than TSW.

As written earlier the only reason I am going to purchase TSW2 is that I can use my collections (UK) and therefore not losing any money in that respect.

I cannot yet think of an aircraft I want to buy for X-Plane 11 at the moment and with the trains it offers a bit of respite from flying. Had thought about MS2020 but, even though Babs may let me buy it for my birthday,(I did say may) I want to see how the sim unfolds over the next six months before committing myself to nearly three figures without apologising to my dearly beloved that I think I have made a mistake or........there are umpteen aircraft, airports that I need to make the experience of this new simulator complete!! :hide:

Just watch out for any rants I may have after purchasing TSW2!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Hmmmm, this is interesting... something is quite different between our graphics, or perception thereof (which may also cross over into flight sims) *-)

I've been pleased with the graphics in TSW and found them dramatically improved over TS. I found the graphics matched or exceeded those I'd seen in YouTube previews/reviews. This wasn't on a beast of a desktop either... I've chosen to only use train sims on my off-the-shelf laptop rather than my home-built bespoke desktop. This could be attributed to my own subjective judgement... except for the fact I had it running on my laptop one day when a family member looked over my shoulder and genuinely thought they were watching a live feed from a camera at a station, rather than a simulation! They were very impressed.

As I say, something doesn't add up regarding our respective graphics and/or perception. I'm genuinely intrigued! *-)

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hmmmm, this is interesting... something is quite different between our graphics, or perception thereof (which may also cross over into flight sims) *-)
I think I had a brain fart when submitting my last post, the first sim was TS, graphics 'orrible, 2nd was TSW2020 graphics now very much better as running 2880X1620, just found some settings that I had never tried/ used in NVidia namely DSR Factor and some other unlikely candidates within the Global Settings I changed.

Surprising what you can do with a few adjustments but not going to re-install TS as will need space for TSW2.

Regards
Nigel.