MSFS 2020 Availability

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Re: MSFS 2020 Availability

Post by chrispbits »

Are you sure you're going to be able to resist for that long Nigel? B-)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Providing that you lot do not keep showing screenshots and/or videos I might just not succumb to temptation!! :worried: :lol: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Now that the Alpha and Beta is over and the NDA is no more, there is no stopping us posting more photo's.

I noticed that some people on the MSFS alpha forum some of the members were starting to refer to the sim as FS11, since apparently the SimConnect interface reports the version number as 11.0.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

All I'm getting at the moment is a black screen with a "PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE" message with no reaction except for a spinning wheel in the bottow RH corner. How many times do I press ANY key. Where is ANY key? :poke:

Obviously they are somewhat busy at the moment so I'll leave trying until later on today or maybe tomorrow.

Allan

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

No Mate, Kill it and restart it. It seems to get stuck at that point before the install proper starts
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

By kill do you mean uninstall and go back to Microsoft? As it is I can't see what it is trying to do, it goes into an opening sequence ending up with image of an aircraft flying with the "Press any key" banner. Press a key and I get a black screen with the instruction to "Press...." nothing happens except for dirge music in the background. Nothing has downloaded except the initial bits from yesterday so????

Allan

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

No, kill it means close the program using the x in the top right hand corner. If you are not running windowed mode, press ALT + Ent first and then you’ll see the usual minimise / maximise / close in the top right hand corner.

ImageImageImage

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

I am very confused. From what I can see MS2020 has not been downloaded onto my PC - just the initial 167MB yesterday. Certainly it is not shown on any of my SSDs. So it tries to start but cannot go past the initial phase. Restarting it does the same time again.

Now the strange thing is MS Store says it IS downloaded and installed and invites me to 'play' which takes me back through the opening page - black screen - crap music. MS FAQs are no use whatsoever. I just seem to be going round in circles at the moment.

Hobby, its a hobby its a h...…….

Allan :S

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just uninstall it then and reinstall it again from your library in the store.

How much space have you on your C drive?

ImageImageImage

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

I have 1.4 TB on the C and 1.6TB on the 'F Drive' SSD I would like it to go on. If necessary I can clear the F to make more room but I don't think space is a problem.

Will delete and try a reinstall from the store - what could go wrong?

Meanwhile, enjoy your evening out with the minimes :)

Allan