Auto Pilot in FS2020

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Auto Pilot in FS2020

Post by petermcleland »

Auto Pilot...The aircraft that I have tried so far have very dodgy Auto pilots...I can not seem to get them to work properly. Has anyone found an aeroplane in this new Sim with a serviceable AP?

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Auto Pilot in FS2020

Post by petermcleland »

One more question...Changing the time of day...I set up a flight in NZ and when I go there it is pitch dark. Is there a way to get there in daylight other that starting here in the middle of the night?

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Hi Peter, I haven't tried AP yet but to change the time of day before committing to a flight go to weather settings. Weather settings includes the ability to change the time of day.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I have been spending time flying the C208 and G36 Bonanza and think I have figured out how to use them. The biggest change I had to make in the way I work is when setting altitude, in earlier sims you could while in ALT mode set the altitude and the aircraft would go to it. In MSFS you set your target altitude, then go to VS mode and set your climb rate, the aircraft will then go to the target altitude. Not being a real pilot I am not sure which of these two methods is correct.

For setting the time there are a couple places to do it.

1) When you first select 'World Map' and are looking at the globe in the lower left is a slider were you can set the time.
2) In the upper right is a box labeled 'Flight Conditions'. click it an there you can set time and weather with another slider near the top of the window.
3) Once the flight has started you if you select the weather icon in the popup menu on the top (its the cloud on the right side) There is a slider in that where you can set the time.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Chrispbits and Joe, thanks for those replies. I will try them today in the Bonanza :)

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Not a good day for this!!...

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0tLW0fY ... vey_Tracey

Click the small picture to get the full one.

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Post by JohnWillimas »

I've been trying to get to grips with the the Airbus 320 ap and while it's a real trial (especially as I'm not 100% with whole cockpit camera thing yet) it seems to work OK ish. The chalenge is the multi-position twist / pull switches but witha bit of practice it seems OK. There are some good Youtube videos on the 320 ap. I found this one pretty clear.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRP4MLEeQAo

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

You were not far off from where I live Peter, should have landed Waddington and come over for a coffee!! :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Yes Nigel...I did not reach Edinburgh anyway as I got knocked down by a tree....Well it gave me more practice with the Auto Pilot buttons! It is really a waste of time flying in those conditions anyway as you can’t see the scenery. I have found a new screensaver for when I’m not flying...I just leave My Hangar on with the doors opening and closIng and various engineers walking about and doing things.:)

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Can't say that I enjoy flying in low visibility either Peter, having True Earth UK I really enjoy viewing the scenery. At the moment I am hooked on the Free-ware DC3 in X-Plane 11 and generally fly at around 4000ft - 5,000ft with a cruising speed of 145kts which I think is around just over two to two and a half miles per minute and always hand fly it.

I think I may very well end up buying MS2020 earlier than planned.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.