Wny No DVD For MS2020?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Wny No DVD For MS2020?

Post by Aharon »

Question for all of you:

Why is Microsoft offering DVD versions of MS2020 ONLY to Europe BUT is offering ONLY download to America?? Do not want to spend 4 hours downloading!! I want to buy DVD version!!

Regards,

Aharon

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Re: Wny No DVD For MS2020?

Post by chrispbits »

Hi Aharon, you can buy a boxed set of MSFS 2020 through Aerosoft.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

chrispbits wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 16:04
Hi Aharon, you can buy a boxed set of MSFS 2020 through Aerosoft.
Delivery of DVD boxed sets of MS2020 is not allowed by Microsoft

Regards,

Aharon

JohnWillimas
VC10
VC10

Post by JohnWillimas »

Here's a helpful quote from Mathijs kok at Aerosoft (from this thread: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/t ... simulator/ )... Not sure I would want the faff of 10 (!) DVD's - I had ensoiugh trouble with FSX's 3!

"...let me explain what the boxed version actually contains. Microsoft Flight SImulator (that's the name, not FS2020) contains four major parts (Note the sizes are estimates from what we know at this moment.)

1 The simulator code itself (the 'sim') that is around pretty small in size at 900 MB, this is a mandatory part of the sim.
2 The world and aircraft delivered by Microsoft, (that content depends on the version (the 'content') that is around 90 GB, this is a mandatory part of the sim.
3 Optional online streamed content (this is an optional part of the sim)
4 3rd party files (clearly fully optional)

Our DVD's contains 'all' of part 2, apart from the updates Microsoft and Asobo do between the moment the the DVD's are pressed and release. When you install, the sim will updates all files immediately form the servers and you will get the very latest code for the simulator itself and all content is updated. This is very much a simulator that depends on the cloud if you want to use it to its full potential. So the boxed version makes it possible for people on a slower internet connection to get the sim installed without downloading the 'content'. So the simulator is in every way, 100% the same. The boxed retail version just gets you a nice box, printed manual and about 90 Gb you do not have to download. There is no difference between boxed retail and the verison MS sells directly.
"