X-Plane 11 and Vulkan... It's out!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Charlie Bravo
Concorde
Concorde

X-Plane 11 and Vulkan... It's out!

Post by Charlie Bravo »

Hot off the press, 11.50 is now out of beta and is the latest official version.

Hopefully this is the start of some modernisation to X-Plane B-)
A bird in the hand will probably sh!t on your wrist.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Re: X-Plane 11 and Vulkan... It's out!

Post by Vancouver »

I'll give it a go tx for the heads up, haven't used XP in forever..... pre Covid I reckon..... :S
Alex

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

WOW!! Great news and can't wait until I download it. :excited: Had copied X-Plane 11 over to my D: Drive and ran the Betas for a few weeks and boy, what a difference it was, no stutters and freezing caused by bottle necking so now going to download this update.

I see that Austin is also re-doing the weather, I should think that hopefully it will be completed.......................Before Xmas? :hide: :lol:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Update....... that went well...... fired up ...... CRASH. no explanation. It's on minimum settings too. Tried twice. I no longer have the patience. Oh well back to FSX. :dunno:
Alex

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Alex : if you are using an Nvidia Geforce card, you need driver update minimum of 440.26 to make Vulkan work, and I presume there are similar requirements for other graphics . You also need to restart the computer once you have installed the update

Having just tried it I am very impressed : not least by the fact that a/c seem to handle rather more smoothly than before

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Fired up X-Plane 11 yesterday and went straight to Orbx London City Airport with the F50, well pleased with the result full blown graphics apart from Reflection Detail which I have never personally liked, lined up on runway 27 facing towards the city which was a big bottleneck on my system with around 20fps plus the odd stutter here and there but this time.........Brilliant performance, :excited: 35fps on the ground and once airborne fps increased towards the centre of London to 45fps.

As X-Plane 11 is now working so smoothly and as nearly all my flying is in the UK I think I am changing direction favouring X-Plane 11 over MS2020.

Although not discounting it permanently, I really have all I need for the time being. B-)

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Post by alemaobaiano »

I haven't really followed the beta discussion so I didn't really know what to expect. The update was simple and after checking the Vulkan box I restarted XP. Just to have a quick look I simply went for "Resume Current Flight" which was the Torquesim Islander in Oban on ORBX TE UK. It looked good and everything seemed very smooth, so I popped up the FPS display......where did they all come from ??????????

I rarely see much above 30 with my rig and my settings (when I actually check, if it's smooth I just ignore FPS), and here I was in the same location, with the same aircraft, looking at 50+ :welldone:

I need to fly over some denser areas in more complex machinery to see how things are there, but I am amazed at the difference Vulkan has made so far. I don't use VR so I can't comment on that side of things, but in my brief testing so far everything is running really well.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett