MSFS UK Calls in the Decorators

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

MSFS UK Calls in the Decorators

Post by chrispbits »

UK - decorators in just after Christmas (assuming a better job doesn't come up in the meantime) with the 3rd Global Update focusing on the UK (and possibly Ireland) with a release date of 28th Jan. Four new airport hand jobs (small affairs sadly) and a raft of POIs. I was expecting Europe but it's nice to get a bit of a spring clean early in the year.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Re: MSFS UK Calls in the Decorators

Post by spatialpro »

Many thanks for this.

Any idea which airfields?

This news is timely, in that I was considering buying ORBX's London Landmarks in the Black Friday/MSFS sale... but I've been thinking it could be superseded by just such a UK update by MS themselves... *-)

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Ah, I just found this:

https://msfsaddons.com/2020/11/25/msfs- ... -airports/

Manchester and Liverpool airports get a mention.

I also glad to see there will be work on proceedural buildings! Churches and cathedrals will be a focus, but I really hope farm houses, barns and manor houses will also be included, as I'm fed up of seeing the UK countryside splattered with office buildings!!! :rant: Anyone else feel the same?! *-)

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Also.... cottages with thatched roofs!!!! :rant:

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Yep. Hate seeing office buildings where there ought to be farmhouses. It's not as if the French have a surfeit of office buildings in the French countryside. Perhaps the odd Chatoffice? You'd have thought this would be reasonably easy to resolve.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Hopefully there are no white houses. :lol:
viewtopic.php?p=271480#p271480

Brian

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

I created a post in the official MSFS Wishlist regarding this:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/re ... als/328300

Please click the blue VOTE button to support it! :thumbsup: Doing so makes it more likely to happen.

Many thanks

Andy

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Done. Haven't flown at all in the past few months as RW getting in the way. I would say that the one thing that's putting me off flying in MSFS isn't the lack of cottages or churches, but is that lack of 3rd party aircraft which seems to be down to the lack of serious development of the SDK. I really wish they would stop wasting their time improving and enhancing the default aircraft and give the incredibly talented people in the community the tools to finish the projects that are ongoing.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

Many thanks for your vote Ben :thumbsup:

I largely feel the same. The SDK is lacking entire sections, which either partially or completely hinders meaningful development.

I suspect they are playing to their new audience, who are attracted to the already revolutionary scenery and want to see even more/better for their own country (I bet after the UK Germany will be next). If they keep people raving about the ever improving eye candy the competition will remain trailing in a cloud of dust (at least in the minds of the mainstream). This would seem to make good business sense, at least for now.

I also suspect their drive to improve performance is to get things in a sufficiently good state (e.g. 60 or more FPS for a person using a 1080p monitor) to handle VR headsets when the capability is unleashed upon the world come Christmas. Otherwise they could face a tsunami of complaints from VR newbies (lured by Quest 2 and Reverb G2) that their shiny new sim isn't up to it.

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Airtrooper wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 22:18
I largely feel the same. The SDK is lacking entire sections, which either partially or completely hinders meaningful development.
Interesting that Mathijs from Aerosoft say that the SDK is not holding then up from the progress on the CRJ
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/t ... fs/page/8/
I think the Aerosoft have had more help than most from Asobo but still the development so far looks impressive
Dale
Image Image Image