Just Flight 146 Professional - P3D

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Just Flight 146 Professional - P3D

Post by TSR2 »

Haven't flown in ages, but as you know I'm a sucker for a 146... particularly when every variant I can think of has been modeled and lots of British repaints too, from Titan to Dan Air and the original TNT colours.

So had some Just Flight points and a rush of blood to the head and bought the Just Flight 146 Pro for P3D. The range is superb, the instruments nicely modeled and a great selection of repaints. At £59 (if you were paying cash) its an expensive piece of kit. The 146 has been well modeled by lots of people over the years, Jon Muchison, The BAe panel project was a must have, Quality Wings etc etc. This one is great... but... needs a bit of work IMHO. With flaps fully deployed you should be able to see a visible gap between the end of the wing and the leading edge of the flap.. not so on this. Then there is level flight.... lets say 8000Ft at 250Kts (calm weather). 5.5 degrees of nose up trim!! You'd think it had the MCAS from a 737 Max. I really want to love it, and there are so many aspects of it I really do love.... I really hope they fix it. Has anyone else taken the plunge?
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Just Flight 146 Professional - P3D

Post by Scorpius »

Saw it this morning and not sure as it is £59. However reading about the flaps issue has put me off for the time being.

There is a hotfix already at the JF forum website but not for the flaps.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

At £59 it is simply too much for an aircraft which isn't near the top of my list ("horses for courses" etc.).

However, I'm very pleased indeed to see a major release of an aircraft for P3D, as I feel the sim has a lot of life left in it yet.

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Scorpius
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Scorpius »

However, I'm very pleased indeed to see a major release of an aircraft for P3D, as I feel the sim has a lot of life left in it yet.
:thumbsup:

Nev

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

we need another 146 for P3d???

saltysplash
Comet
Comet

Post by saltysplash »

I already have the JF FSX version which runs just fine on P3Dv4 except for missing undercarriage and cockpit windows.

If they had offered a discount for those who had already purchased the FSX model like they had with Traffic Global early access, then I may have been tempted but to be honest the best part of £60 can't be justified for me just to have the addition of wheels. Plus, not much of a Black Friday deal.

Geoff

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I don’t think it’s the same as the existing model for FSX, pretty sure it’s a different developer.

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Nice to see they are churning out updates and listening to the feedback. They have fixed quite a few issues so far, so credit where its due. :thumbsup:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Another update, the flaps have been fixed. I’m still not convinced about the trim, but they are still working on it. I don’t use the FMC, but I know that’s where there resources are focused atm. I may even get a proper flight in for the VA next week.

ImageImageImage