MSFS VR

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Steve M
Viscount
Viscount

Re: MSFS VR

Post by Steve M »

Hi Brian
Not so much motion sickness when I first started using VR but a feeling of movement but that has now gone in normal flying.
I find when flying Helo's which is much easier in VR that when hovering to land I still feel as though I am moving with the aircraft.
I have tried a driving game in VR and I just can't do that!. It had me reaching for a bucket every time

Steve M

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Same here. Can fly all day in vr no problem, but 5 minutes in a car sim and I'm feeling sick.
Dave G.

robcarrich
Concorde
Concorde

Post by robcarrich »

Not thought about VR until I read this thread.
Had a look on Amazon but I don't know enough about them to make a choice.
What do I need for MS 2020?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Steve M
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Steve M »

Hi Rob
I believe all of the current generation headsets will work in 2020.
The headset comes with its own drivers and software and most simulators such as P3D MSFS 2020 X-Plane and DCS have their own built in interface which works with VR whan activated in sim.

Steve M

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

I don't tend to get motion sickness unless flying "high G" maneuvers in a fast jet. And after a particularly heavy night over Christmas!

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

I now have a Quest 2. It has been hijacked by others to play Beat Sabre. Hopefully I'll get a chance to use it for MSFS before the weekend is out. I'll let you know how it works out ( with MSFS that is).

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Okay, here's some feedback on the Quest 2 and its suitability for PC flight simming. In short, it isn't. You might assume that being connected to a PC via a cable would be sufficient to power it but it isn't. At best the discharge rate of the battery is reduced but not enough to really matter. You might argue that 2 to 3 hours of VA is enough for anyone but not if that 2 hours or so follows on from heavy stand alone use by all the other VA users, e.g. my wife.

Battery life aside, performance via the link cable is okay but not stunning. I have heard feedback from others that performance from the G2 is better, even with the higher resolution of the G2.

The low cost of the Quest 2 is a factor but the strap is truly crap. Combine that with poor battery life (2 hours) means that you're looking at the Elite strap with battery and that's around £120 in addition to the price of the Quest. We'll be keeping the Quest 2 for stand alone fun (and it is) but later this year I'll probably invest in the G2 for PC use.

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

One other point to raise... the Quest 2 is very sensitive to good vertical alignment. It has quite a narrow sweet spot in that axis and the strap does a very poor job of keeping it. Hopefully the Elite strap will improve things.