MSFS VR

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

MSFS VR

Post by chrispbits »

Has anyone tried VR with MSFS yet? I have a first gen Rift and despite successfully sorting out the OpenXR location all I get is grid lines after activating VR. Not a problem noted elsewhere.

Quick tip - if you're going to try VR make sure you assign a key to go back to desktop BEFORE activating VR. It's a complete PITA otherwise.

Steve M
Viscount
Viscount

Re: MSFS VR

Post by Steve M »

I've used it with Rift S and it seems to work well. Initially there was a black frame visible when in VR but this was fixed by an update. Oddly I've found better performance in VR than on screen.

Steve M

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

yep loving VR in MSFS

so much so i have uninstalled XP yesterday.

HP Reverb here Version 1 and works a treat

Rick

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

Good to hear of positive VR experiencesin MSFS. So you went with the reverb Rick. I've been using VR for AFS2, which works very well. I just wish the Rift had better resolution. I feel a plea to the other half coming on.

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I've been using it with a Rift S. I'd already had the latest Oculus software installed, so no problems there. I did forget to assign a key to toggle vr as noted above, but that was easily fixed. Very impressed so far. Performance was better than I expected, very smooth even though the actual frames rates were only around 30 or so.
Dave G.

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

I use the Rift S too - absolutely loving it.

Steve the Black frame is easily got rid of, locate your Oculus software (normally here C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics) and run the OculusDebugTool.exe

Once in there set the 'Use FOV Stencil' to OFF

I found I had to try a multitude of setting in MSFS to get VR to run just right but it runs smoothly now and is great fun

Brian

Steve M
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Steve M »

Hi Brian

The software update did the trick as well.

chrispbits
Trident
Trident

Post by chrispbits »

I got VR working. Seems that I was switching to VR too soon. No problems when selecting a flight and then switching to VR.

It's good isn't it? Incredibly immersive. Difficult to back to normal screens after this. Now all I need is a better VR headset and for MSFS not to CTD after about 15 minutes or so of flying.

spatialpro
Concorde
Concorde

Post by spatialpro »

I'm using a new Reverb G2 and loving it! My rig is no longer new or top spec either. I'm as happy as Larry!

Formerly "Airtrooper"

i9-10900KF, 64Gb RAM,
RTX 3090, HP Reverb G2, Win10 Pro 64-bit
Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Saitek X52 Pro

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

Quite correct - I don't know how flat screens will cut it after this. Anyone else get slight motion sickness after lengthy low level flights?