Orbx prices.

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Orbx prices.

Post by Nigel H-J »

One would think that with Orbx they would keep prices around the same mark regardless of which platform you use but after viewing the prices for all three flight sims (X-plane 11 - P3D - MS2020) they appear to favour MS2020 more than they do for the others.

I could of course raise a question regarding their pricing strategy but rather think that I may be black marked by doing so. Although Orbx do make good scenery I can't help but wonder why there is a price differential, looking at UK 2000 Scenery at least the prices are all the same across all three platforms. At one time when Orbx had a sale on you could at least expect around 50% off some but now it appears to be just 30%. Don't get me wrong it is not a moan but more of a :dunno:

True Earth UK for X-Plane 11 $58.95 each AUD For P3D $54.95 each

Liverpool Airport $32 AUD for both platforms MS2020 $24.99

Leeds Bradford $32 AUD for both platforms MS2020 $24.99

Dundee X Plane 11 $34.95 AUD P3D $32.95 AUD MS2020 $17.99

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

alemaobaiano
Trident
Trident

Re: Orbx prices.

Post by alemaobaiano »

Hi Nigel

Could it be related to the way scenery is generated in the platforms? XP11 and P3D are different to to MS2020 in that respect, AFAIK. I don`t have MS2020 so can´t comment on how good the scenery is but it is supposed to be super detailed with live downloads. Maybe ORBX don´t see a big market and are offering lower prices to get MS2020 users on-board.

TTFN
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. – Terry Pratchett

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I think it may be down to the MSFS scenery being a rehash of existing stuff, and they don’t really have to do the ground tiles?
TBH there’s lots of good scenery for MSFS at various price points, but a complete dearth of aircraft. If they spent less time tweaking and modifying the default aircraft and more time sorting the SDK so people who are good at building aircraft could do so, we’d be in a much better position.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Most developers which are being asked the same question, are saying they see a much bigger market for Msfs 2020 add-ons than the other platforms. So the price point can be kept lower and the developer gets the same return.
Dale
Image Image Image

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

many thanks for your replies which of course has made sense to me. Ben, I think you are right in what you wrote as Dale has also done and of the remark of lower prices to get MS2020 on-board also sounds correct.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.