MSFS 2020 July 27 Update

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

MSFS 2020 July 27 Update

Post by TSR2 »

Just a quick heads up chaps. The "Windows Store" component of the update was approx 700Mb for me, which I was quite surprised at. I Launched the Sim expecting to get to the in Sim update screen, but after a few minutes it crashed. I re launched the Sim and after about 5 minutes the usual update screen appeared, along with.... wait for it.... 40.26Gb of download. Yep, you aren't misreading that. It could be a long night. :cpu:

However, after kicking off the 40Gb Download I noticed this option (highlighted in Red). I think the 40GB includes the updates you would normally download from the marketplace after doing the Sim update, and the one highlighted in red below is the usual Sim update on its own (at 20GB).
Screenshot 2021-07-27 182745.jpg
Screenshot 2021-07-27 182745.jpg (71.76 KiB) Viewed 942 times
[EDIT] Confirmed MS are also throttling the download speed to about 5Mb/s due to demand. One for the morning me thinks.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: MSFS 2020 July 27 Update

Post by DaveG »

I'll have to leave it until the weekend, which is a bit annoying.
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Probably a better option Dave as this is like watching paint dry. I kicked it off at 6:30 ish and almost 2 hours later its not even at 30% yet since the throttling kick in after about 15 minutes. 8)

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I stand corrected. The update has just finished (9 hours) and I’ve gone into marketplace to find another 24Gb of updates 8)

ImageImageImage

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

Blimey, with MSFS only a year old and with the size of the updates so far would it be fair to say that someone looking to move to this sim in the future is going to need a pretty hefty, and expensive PC , not only to run it but with a huge amount of strorage capacity? *-) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Not really Eric, but you do need a good internet connection. I bought a 1TB SSD specifically for MSFS and it’s just under have full. The rest of my machine is 2 year old tech, i7 gen 9 processor, 16GB RAM and an Nvidia 2070. Admittedly all graphics cards are expensive at the moment due to the global chip supply problems, but you won’t need something stupidly expensive. Remember they’ve just released it on Xbox too, and that’s not as powerful as my pc.

ImageImageImage

Vc Ten
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vc Ten »

Well that took 11 hours to update. Reinstalled the community folder and updated the DC 6
First impressions are good. Some people are experiencing Tca thrustmaster quadrant issues on no 1 engine start, but not looked at that yet. I've got a DC 6 to get back from the middle of the Pacific.
Ben. That's a lot of used disk space. Just checked mine after the install and it's showing 220 gig used space, that's including 35 gig of community folder files
Dale
Image Image Image

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dale, you’re right! I’d forgotten I have a 250Gb offline cache in there too! :thumbsup:

I’ve got all of the delux content and optional stuff, So it shouldn’t be any bigger than that (aside from addons).

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Lads,

My MSFS updated to 1.18.14 last week at some point. (I've the MS Store version). Since yesterday when I launch MSFS, its saying there's a mandatory update to 1.18.15, and kicks me out to the windows store... however the Windows Store isn't showing any updates.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

I did look at the official flightsimulator forum and within 10 seconds thought slitting my wrists would be more productive. 8)

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Ok, for those that might be in a similar predicament, there's a gaming services update that's required before you get the MSFS update. In order to get the gaming service update, you need to install (or update) the "Xbox" app from the Windows store. This will then kick of the install (or update) of gaming services, which will then, (if you check for updates again) give you version 1.18.15 of MSFS 8)

ImageImageImage