New Russki Helo

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

New Russki Helo

Post by Trev Clark »

http://secure.simmarket.com/product_inf ... ts_id=1910
This guys models are superb, but you normally have to click on 50 odd CBs before you can even get battery power! If they had an automated start (the co-pilot), I would be tempted, do not even think of using Ctl+E :huf:
ATB Trev

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Even before I clicked, I rather guessed or hoped it would be that one.... detail is superb... interior is very interesting... mainly because its so spartan :shock: ! Do I take it from those screenshots than in Russian Helis the pilot sits on the left, same as a fixed wing aircraft but the opposite to western helis?

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

There's a Hoodlum at the Helicopter museum at Weston-super-Mare:

..and that's my Sam, looking for bits to nick... :wink:

As well as a Hind D there's a Queens flight Wessex as well...I'll sell the pics for a quid....:lol:

Derek :wink:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals

mulletman
Viscount
Viscount

Post by mulletman »

radiation hazard area?

only on ruskys.....
Image Image
Yes...and... I Like my Boeings.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Glow in the dark cockpit instruments, probably painted with something nasty extracted from pitchblende!

Edit - and not just on Ruskies, also on Spits and plenty of old British and probably American types too. Still, we've done worse since, with d/u counterbalance weights on 747 classic and Tristar control surfaces!

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

TobyVickers wrote:Still, we've done worse since, with d/u counterbalance weights on 747 classic and Tristar control surfaces!
No fooling?? :shock: Eeek!

Brian

britishtourer
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by britishtourer »

d/u?
"Sir!!! Yellow nosed b******s, twelve o'clock high!!!"

"Break formation, break!!!"

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Depleted uranium. Basically used because its even denser than lead (i.e. a small component will hass a very large mass). Although the fact that it is "depleted" means in theory it cant be used energy-providing purposes and (presumably) its already done a fair amount of decaying, its still not desparately safe and its probably on a par with Asbestos in terms of a material thats best left in the ground where it came from!

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

TobyVickers wrote:Depleted uranium. Basically used because its even denser than lead (i.e. a small component will hass a very large mass). Although the fact that it is "depleted" means in theory it cant be used energy-providing purposes and (presumably) its already done a fair amount of decaying, its still not desparately safe and its probably on a par with Asbestos in terms of a material thats best left in the ground where it came from!
I guess the only thing that is denser is the guy who authorised using it in the first place? :wink:

AndyG

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

The risk from depleted uranium results from it getting into the body where it is toxic.

It is not the radioactivity since that has been partially extracted for use eleswhere and hence the levels have been reduced compared to the original material.

So where depleted uranium is used in ordnance, it is the release of dust that poses the risk. Equally a crash of a plane using depleted uranium could release particles - the chemical toxicity on the kidneys is going to kill you before the radioactivity.