Alphasim Typhoon is out..........

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Quixoticish
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Quixoticish »

Just bought, installed and flown. I'm 50/50 on it at the moment. First impressions are that the 3d model looks a bit "off". Further research is required but I think the front of the aircraft/cockpit/nose section dimensions appear to be slighly incorrect. This was the first thing that lept out from me on the "aircraft selection" screen, so not a good first impression. When you load up and look at it from the outside view I again have a sneaky feeling something isn't correct with the model. It looks too squat, and "perched" on its landing gear too much. The 2d panel is functional, but a little rough round the edges graphically. Clicky buttons are nice underneath the MFD's, as they all do something. The right hand MFD has a nice radar, which appears to be an updated version of the F16.gau we all know and love (40nm range with three modes, AEW, front and barscan). Looking down in the VC the quality is very nice, lots of clicky switches that don't do anything, but are clicky nontheless and add to immersion. Gauges are a bit fuzzy in the VC view though when you look up. The exterior model animations like the gear and refuelling probe are nicely done. One thing that does bug me is the afterburner effect. At mid and low reheat settings it has a nasty habit of clipping right out of the engine nozzles and its far too white/pink and not orange enough when you compare it to the Typhoon in real life. It also shoots out the back for what seems like more than half the length of the aircraft. I'm not a fan of overly long, exuberant afterburner trails personally; although others may be. Whilst the textures are very sharp and crisp for those who are anal when it comes to texture accuracy another thing that lept out at me was the aircraft serial number, I believe its a tad too bold. Only 29 Squadron are included as far as the RAF representation goes, no 17 or 3 textures are present, although with the repaint kit being available I imagine that'll be taken care of very soon. The canopy also has a very strange green tinge to it; I've a feeling it should be brown. Flight model wise its a lot of fun, although I haven't done any serious altitude/range tests as this is only a "first impressions". Loadouts are interesting; I wish some poetic license would have been taken rather than slinging real life "ballistic flutter test" rounds under the wings; I would have liked to have seen a few fictional loadouts with all four recessed fuselage bays filled for "QRA" and maybe some fictional AG loadouts. All in all its not bad, but it isn't phenomenal as those who have been hyping it to me for the past few months would have had me believe. Does exactly what it says on the tin for the affordable price tag.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Tks for that Chris :wink:

ATB

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Dyl Roberts
Trident
Trident

Post by Dyl Roberts »

Just purchased the Typhoon,

I must admit I like it, value for money is what springs to mind, not a bad buy for the money.

P.S Is that igorski's mouse I hear clicking away??......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

andy

Post by andy »

I've just got it, and so far so good.
Haven't seen anything I don't like (yet :-# ) but need to put some more hours on the clock.
It seems a bit twitchy in flight, but that may be down to my Saitek X52 settings.
Nice one Alpha. :wink:

igorski
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by igorski »

P.S Is that igorski's mouse I hear clicking away??
IPA1 is already parked in my hanger
DA4 is on the drawing board
and DA2 is WIP maybe 50% done.

:dance:

Dyl Roberts
Trident
Trident

Post by Dyl Roberts »

igorski wrote:
P.S Is that igorski's mouse I hear clicking away??
IPA1 is already parked in my hanger
DA4 is on the drawing board
and DA2 is WIP maybe 50% done.

:dance:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one Buddy!

igorski
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by igorski »

Update:

Igorski is worn out from a *real life* (have we figured this one out yet Dyl?) activity known as football!

Also DA2 is just in need of some alpha and other minor tweeks!

Its on smokewinders model, so get your display routines up to scratch!!

andy

Post by andy »

igorski wrote:Update:Igorski is worn out from a *real life* activity known as football.
Football is a game............played by men in short pants. :redface: :dunno: :wink:

Mickey D
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Mickey D »

And rugby is a game played by men with odd shaped balls! :shock:
Mickey D
Team SDB Scenery Bloke