Vulcan Recommendations anyone ?

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Vulcan Recommendations anyone ?

Post by Paul K »

I'm torn between the Just Flight and the Phoenix Simulation Vulcans. I'm inclined towards the latter as they donate 50% of the price to 'Vulcan to the Sky' ( thanks Toby for reminding me about this ), but I'd like to hear anyone's views of them if possible. :smile:

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

I believe the Just Flight one is based on the PSS Vulcan, but with extra models / textures thrown in.
Dave G.

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

I can only comment on the Just Flight one which I have and TBH its very good. A well presented model complemented with several good texture variations and quality sounds.

Oh and Just Flight included some RAF Cottesmore scenery as a little add-on bonus. :wink:
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

If you check out the Just Flight website I think it may mention that Just Flight also make a donation as part of their publishing deal...
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

As mentioned by the others, the Just Flight Vulcan is the PSS version, but with a few extras thrown in for good measure. Of course, as part of the money goes to a worthwhile cause, you could get both. :wink:

AndyG

andy

Post by andy »

Has anyone sorted the flight characteristics on the PSS Vulcan yet?

Mine fly's like a brick. The moment I hit the throttles, she takes a nose dive.

She's been sitting in the hanger longer than the real thing. :sad:

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

The FD was always a bit suspect, but a cracking model otherwise. Somebody should be able to "tweak" it? :dunno:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

There are 2 sides to the argument here Ben. One side (eg.. us) say it's over powered and can drop from the sky without warning and then there's the other side (eg.. them) that say the Vulcan flew like this (notwithstanding the real one didn't fall from the sky so willingly).

I cannot imagine that the real one was quite as 'difficult' (for want of a better word) to get right but.. one must never underestimate the skill of our RAF pilots :wink:

I'd like to offer the AS version as an alternative but I've no experience of it and noting it's age.. I doubt it comes close.

DaveB :tab:
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

IMHO....... Just Flight's its the best model and looks a stunner......

Ive seen the vid of the vulcan that crashed a RAF Syerston!!! She was doing a display and stalled at low speed(if i remeber right) which is a :tuttut: and she fell out of the sky!!!!!

Chris

Hot_Charlie
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Chris Sykes wrote:IMHO....... Just Flight's its the best model and looks a stunner......

Ive seen the vid of the vulcan that crashed a RAF Syerston!!! She was doing a display and stalled at low speed(if i remeber right) which is a :tuttut: and she fell out of the sky!!!!!

Chris
I'm fairly sure that was structural failure... if it was this one...

From Syerston history page...
On 20 September 1958 during the annual Battle of Britain Air show tragedy came to the Airfield. Avro Vulcan B1 VX770 being used by Rolls Royce for engine tests was giving a display. During a high speed run the aircraft broke up and crashed killing all the crew.
Charlie

[Intentionally Blank]