Saab 91 Safir released..........

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Saab 91 Safir released..........

Post by Trev Clark »

Looks superb, from the screenshots!
http://www.sibwings.com/
ATB Trev

AlexP
Trident
Trident

Post by AlexP »

That really does look very good indeed. I may well get it and try my hand at a repaint (or to put it more accurately, an identity change) as I’ve set my self the challenge of trying to fill my virtual hanger with the aircraft found at my local air museum - Newark Air Museum. :madhead: :roll: :lol:

The only slight technical hitch is that Newark’s example ( http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0717493/L/ ) differs somewhat from the freeware scheme available at the Sib Wings site ( http://www.sibwings.com/freeware/repaint/ln.sao.jpg ). In particular the roundels and fuselage lettering. I’m wondering whether NAM have restored theirs and perhaps repainted inaccurately or whether this is the actual scheme it wore whilst in service. Is anyone able to shed any light on this?

Alex
Last edited by AlexP on 10 Sep 2006, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

it's a really wonderful add on - check the other topic (the only one i've made in here), i think i posted somepics.

kikko
Comet
Comet

Post by kikko »

I would like to buy it, unless this one eats all the remaining FPS in my computer hehehe :-$

Who can say something about the FPS with Safir? :think:

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

no FPS issues at all in the VC - and that's with 3D clouds...the works.

briwith
Viscount
Viscount

Post by briwith »

Hi Alex,

Re the Safir at NAM - I firmly believe that the paint scheme is as she was delivered by the Norwegian Air Force.

Regards

Brian

d0mokun
Trident
Trident

Post by d0mokun »

kikko wrote:I would like to buy it, unless this one eats all the remaining FPS in my computer hehehe :-$

Who can say something about the FPS with Safir? :think:
I bought it today and..

..wow!

The FPS is solid- the gauges are lightning-fast, even in the VC. It's a wonderful, wonderful aeroplane.

The sounds don't quite pack the punch I was expecting- but I've never heard, heard OF, nor seen a Safir before now!

Dan.

fsafranek
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by fsafranek »

The little Safir is a real gem. My favorite single engine prop now. Customer support seems to be good as well. They are responding right away to questions, comments, and bugs.

The purchase verification scheme, at first pretty brutal, does work if you talk to them -- I had to move it to a different PC and ran into a wall but it's all good now. I give this aircraft a solid "thumbs up" and will be watching this new rising star company. :dance:
Frank Safranek (Alphasim Paint Crew)
Mirage Aircraft for Flight Simulator
http://www.mirage4fs.com/

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Welcome to the Forum Frank

Nice website you have there :lol:

Looks like you have the entire Dassualt line of fighters covered

Leif

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

Absolute gem..one of those rare times when a payware outfit makes good..and follow through with support

My personal opinion mind...

Derek :wink:
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals