Level D B767 Query

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Level D B767 Query

Post by Tomliner »

Just wondered if anyone has this and what it's like. It seemed to get good reviews.Recently had to change my old PC (6years old) due to motherboard failure.It would hardly have run this add on.At least the replacement now runs VC's so much better such as DM's brilliant BAC 1-11 and Rick's 748.Best Wishes EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

If Fred (mulletman) was still around, he could probably give you details. he was an enthusiastic Boeing man.

But haven't seen him here recently :sad:

Probably found girls instead :wink:

gevers1
Viscount
Viscount

Post by gevers1 »

I hear it's fab, but i suspect my computer is too pants to run it. I wanted to buy this, but saw the specs and bought Captain Sims Captain 757 instead. Jings, what a mistake that was: great models, nice VC, but I cannot get framerates higher than 10. And the shop i bought it from wont take it back ...

but I digress. Have a look at this site for some neat videos of the LevelD 767

http://www.simradar.com/Feature/Screen_ ... index.html

/*seb

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Post by mgchristy »

I have it and love it. The Level-D 767 is to payware what DM's 1-11 and RP's 748 are to freeware; the top of its class. Don't let the intimidation factor rule out purchasing this one. Even though the manual looks daunting, after a few tries it'll be second nature. I've got a P4 3.4G with 1GB ram and a Radeon X600 with 256Mb. With this setup I get around 15-20 fps from the VC while on the ground at a busy scenery area like KSEA or EGLL. In sparse scenery areas or at altitude I get almost 30fps in the VC. If Boeings are your thing, just get it...you won't be disappointed...and no, I'm not getting paid to say that. :smile:

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Level D B767 Query

Post by Tomliner »

Many thanks for the replies.The HU's to the videos was interesting.Also thanks for your comments MgChristy,I think that just about clinches it>I am used to Boeings by using the PMDG 737.In this PC I also have a P4 at 3.4gig with 2gig of RAM and a Geforge 7600GS 256.Best Wishes to you all EricT

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Post by mgchristy »

No problem. Glad to hear you decided to go with it. If you are used to the PMDG 737, then the Level-D will be a piece of cake. The biggest hurdle will probably be getting used to the nauseous "Boeing brown" cockpit!

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Tomliner »

Hi Mgchristy
Just to let you know that I did buy the LevelD 767 and the AOA DVD and am now enjoying many happy hours of mental stimulation in the learning curve.As you will know ,prior knowledge of the PMDG 737 is an advantage.ATB EricT

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Post by mgchristy »

Good to hear! That's what's great about software with the systems complexity of the Level-D 767...you always seem to discover something new everytime you fiddle with it. Take care...
Mark

Brian Franklin
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Brian Franklin »

It's one of the VERY few payware packages I have and it's good. 'nuff said