Ready for Pushback boeing 747-200

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Ready for Pushback boeing 747-200

Post by Vulcan_to_the_Sky! »

Hi all,

This is perhaps a bit of a long shot, but does anyone here own this product for FS2004 and if so know how to get the ground scenery (trucks, baggage loaders, etc) to show.

Sorry to be so direct in asking this question, but I've tried everything and have run out of buttons to press :dunno: :dunno:

Thanks in advance for any help
:smile:

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Well I've found out that I need to download the pax loader, which it DOESN'T mention in the manual, and no existence as of yet on the t'interweb!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Is this payware?

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

It is...but I thought this would perhaps be in the correct section. Please feel free to move it If I've put it in the wrong area.

TBH, Im starting to regret buying this...it takes ages to start the engines. Each and everytime you have to go through an extensive checklist. Now I dont normally mind doing this once in awhile, but each time gets annoying.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

OK no worries :smile:

I've moved it here as CNB is for freeware.

Garry
Garry

Vulcan_to_the_Sky!
Concorde
Concorde

Ok, my apologies.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

No problem at all

Easy for me to move and you are making a thread about something that has useful information...that's the main thing. :smile:

Just makes it easier to find.

Garry
Garry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I have the RFP aircraft. It's very old and sadly both publishers are no-more, thus getting the various addon items are hard to come by. I, for example, don't have the Takeoff Calculator anymore, but I do have the PAX loader, Cargo loader, Combi Loader, and the Fuel Calculator. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send them. The Takeoff Calculator is nice, but the manual has the charts that do the same thing except the Takeoff Calculator does give you the takeoff distance and required runway length which I don't believe you can get with any of the other programs or the charts.

Tomliner
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Ready for Pushback Boeing 747-200

Post by Tomliner »

It may be cold comfort but I seem to recall reading a review of this in PC Pilot some time ago when it was reported as being a very procedural sim and I seem to remember the issue of engine starts being mentioned.I will try to find the copy.TBH I almost bought it myself recently in the January sales but my pc at the time probably would have struggled with it.Shortly afterwards the old pc went t*ts up and has now been replaced.Hope you get it resolved.ATB EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Yes, it is highly procedural, but I've had no problems getting the engines to start or shutdown as long as I've got everything configured right.

In reality, start only takes about 10 minutes from cold-and-dark to full start if you don't want to use the INS built into the panel or the CIVA INS if you installed the panel modification for them.

Boeing built all of their aircraft similar, so if you can start a 707 or 727 from one of the major payware addon publishers/authors, you can start the 747-200 with no problem.