Work continues on Milton Shupe's Dash 7

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Work continues on Milton Shupe's Dash 7

Post by FlyTexas »

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Unfortunately the links can't be seen by non registered :sad:

Garry
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Wow, they must have the Out House locked down pretty tight. :redface: Here's the news from Milton.

"You can't help but like the Dash 7 for its capabilities and looks.

The neat thing about retiring from project work is I can piddle around with many things. Right now, Scott and I are working on a list of feedback items that members here provided on the Dash 7. I just completed reconstructing the fuselage to make it rounder and smoother, and it's still the "lightest" fuselage in our fleet. Going to redo the engine nacelles next.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this new version will be compatible with all existing textures (probably over 100 now). The BA texture is from the Cargo version done by André Folkers, the Greenland Air and British Midland textures are by Joáo Paz."

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I thought Milton was 'retiring' after the Spartan Executive, but here he is, busy as ever. I'm a great fan of his Dash 7, and its wonderful to see him going back to it and doing an update. Can't wait for it ! :smile:

Roger
Comet
Comet

Post by Roger »

Did you see his collabarative A26? He's "retired" until someone sets fire to his pc, lol. It's great to see him back at a semi-retired pace. The virtual world will will be a lesser place when he finally pulls the big switch.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Roger wrote:Did you see his collabarative A26? He's "retired" until someone sets fire to his pc, lol. It's great to see him back at a semi-retired pace. The virtual world will will be a lesser place when he finally pulls the big switch.
Yep I have the Sim Outhouse A-26, and I knew Milton did the model, but it's release wasn't a 'Shupe-event' as all the others have been, so I wasn't sure how much he was involved in it.

I can only agree with you Roger; he's a top notch designer and is one of those people who confers a hallmark of excellence upon every project he's involved in. If you see his name in the credits, you just know you are getting the best on offer. That new Dash 7 is going to be wonderful !

RAF_Quantum
The Gurus

Post by RAF_Quantum »

Hi,

Thanks for that update, I liked the old version so will most certainly like this new one when it gets released.

Rgds

John

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Roger wrote:Did you see his collabarative A26? He's "retired" until someone sets fire to his pc, lol. It's great to see him back at a semi-retired pace. The virtual world will will be a lesser place when he finally pulls the big switch.
A further example of Milton's generosity and influence is his recent release of the GMAX sources for his Howard 500, stripped of a lot of the 'civilian' features, to encourage people to produce a Ventura.

AndyG

hinch
VC10
VC10

Post by hinch »

simply amazing, the dash 7 is a plane i flew so much in my early FS days and it brings happy memories. to see such unexpected improvements (and such a low polygon count) is excellent.

P.S. there's a pic now of the VC :shock:

snave

Post by snave »

And later on he answers yes to the VC question... :dance: