HU DC6 and C74

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

jensbk
Meteor
Meteor

Re: HU DC6 and C74

Post by jensbk »

>the C-74 includes sounds from the B377 that is available from CalClassic. These should be good for it.

Yes, the sounds are borrowed from the CalClassic B377, with permission, and I agree with you: They are good for the aircraft.

Jens
Jens B Kristensen
Hobby FS modeller

kikko
Comet
Comet

Post by kikko »

I saw the 2 HERACLES C-74s in Italy during the late sixties....One day I arrived in Malpensa just to see the mighty Globemaster scrapped, what a sad sight!
The Turin one was ignominously scrapped too but the old bird hardly died, killing one man when gasoline vapours exploded while the scrapping team cut the wing tanks with an oxygen flame..

mjahn
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by mjahn »

Cathy Howat wrote:I have asked Jens if he would consider the Lokheed CONSTITUTIOON. A double deck desgin developed for the USN and PAN AM, it sufferered form underpowered engines, two were built, both flew succefully, but the big radial used on the Strotcruiser were not available for this plane, with them she'd have been a succes, and Lockheed may never have built the Connie, hopefully Jens may put it on his to-do list. The great thin g about FS is that we can get to fly these great old birds :flying:
Well now ... the Constitution was fitted with four 3,500 h.p. Pratt & Whitney R-4360 engines, the same type as used on the Stratocruiser. Also, the first Connie flew in 1943, the first Constitution in 1946. Hence it would have required a back-to-the-future act from Lockheed to decide to not build the former on seeing a successful latter.

Unfortunately, apart from spelling I can find no fault with the first and the last sentence. Unfortunately, too, the undersigned stands on record in these pages for believing that the Brabazon came with six engines...

Manfred
Manfred

Cathy Howat
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Cathy Howat »

Sorry abourt the spelling, poor typing. Thought the Connie did not fly until after the war, obviusly wrong. Still Jens has done some fairly rare birds, and this could well be another. Would have been interesting if the Constitution had been a success to see how it went against the Boeing Stratocruiser :flying:
cathy

mjahn
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by mjahn »

I see that over at Calclassic Jens has been asked the Constitution question, too. His answer was a resounding "Nope", but designers occasionally do change their minds, let's hope he will. I believe he has been persuaded to do another 4360 workhorse, the C-124, aka Globemaster II, aka "Old Shakey", which is good news.
Manfred