Section 8 F-86E Sabre

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Section 8 F-86E Sabre

Post by J0hn »

I don't know if you guys are aware of this aircraft model for FS9 and FSX - but I got it a couple of days ago and it nearly blew my socks off!

I was mightily impressed in FSX - there's no comparison with any other Sabres I've had in FS, free or payware - it is that good. The F version is modelled, too.

Strongly recommended:

http://sectionf8.com/

J0hn

EDIT: I see it's been out a while in FS9 - well it is worth mentioning again! :) and in FSX, too!

Fodda
Vulcan
Vulcan

Re: Section 8 F-86E Sabre

Post by Fodda »

Hadn't realised the FSX version was out and about. I'll grab that, cheers. The FS9 one was a favourite (in FSX).

Aaahhh... Just been back there and realised it's still not the FSX native one yet, but still the FS9 with the FSX fix files. BUT... As I mentioned, it's still the dog's danglies of Sabres and well worth triple the asking price. :agree: ;)

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

A question for those more knowledgeable than myself. Would this Sabre be the right type for RAF repaints? I know some of the later Jever Sabres had the hard wing (the 6-3 wing?) so this wouldn't work, but is it the right version for ANY RAF repaints?

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Yes, the Section F-8 Sabre is the same (minus the engine) as the Canadair F Mk.4 that was put into RAF service. The default package comes with one or two RAF repaints.

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Thanks Chris, may explore this a little further! *-)

Javis
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Javis »

Here you go Andy:

Canadair Sabre F.4, XD779 'A' , flown by Squadron Leader L.G.Rennie Turner, Commanding Officer of 92 Squadron, Linton-on-Ouse, 1955.

There, that should do it.. :)

Actually this is a significant updated model ( mind you, still for FS9 but 'compatible' with FSX ) featuring the '6-3' hardwing and many upgrades to the current F-86 model including a full 3D radio set in the VC. It also differs from the current model in that it is completely handpainted now so the package will also feature a repaint kit with countless PSD layers to work with. On top of that, for the Canadair F.4 you can opt for a more or less genuine looking RAF pilot chappy wearing a 1950's/60's RAF Mk.1A 'Bone Dome' with G-Type cloth flying helmet, M-Type O2 mask, and Mk.4B Life Preserver ( as seen in these shots and me avatar )

Sorry to say though that this update is not available yet... :S

While almost finished a lot of other stuff got in the way, like our first Maam-Sim native FSX model, but i hope to squeeze the finishing touch and upload in between sooner or later anyway. Goes without saying that a native FSX version of our Sabre puppy will also be released, come hell or highwater... :agree:

Cheers,
Jan :fly:
Last edited by Javis on 27 Jul 2010, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Jan

Can you please reduce the pics to 800 x 600

Thanks
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Very nice Jan (even if it upset Garry a bit) - I've got a few ideas to work on, but the 6-3 wing opens up a whole raft of possibilities.

Hope to have one or two ready by the weekens though, so atch this space!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Andy

Not upsetting me :-O ....Forum rules........even fails to dispay on my PC properly :'(
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

AndyG
Concorde
Concorde

Post by AndyG »

Sorry Garry, couldn't resist. :hide: