Cloud 9 Phantom

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

thomasburnside
Trident
Trident

Cloud 9 Phantom

Post by thomasburnside »

I have seen the Cloud 9 F-4 Phantom many times and it looks good but I just wanted to ask if anybody has it and can tell me if they would recommend it or not. Plus does anybody know where I can get the IRIS Phantom ive been looking for it for a long time.
Vulcan XH558 DONT Let Her Die She Wants To Fly.

dutchman2
Meteor
Meteor

Re: Cloud 9 Phantom

Post by dutchman2 »

They had a test fly you could download from their website. It was with a 10 minute or so time limit but seemed to be complete (full panel and no annoying flags or billboards in the way). I liked it, but the requirement for a web-connection to install and activate was the show stopper for me. Been burned a few too many times (Phoenix for one).

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Post by WarHorse47 »

Thomas, I have all the Cloud9, IRIS and Alpha Phantom sets for FS9 and I hightly recommend the Cloud9 version. Each has a variety of specific models, but the Cloud9 has the most immersive 2D and VC cockpits (my opinion). Sounds are great and lots of repaints out there. The IRIS/DSB version does, however, have the FGR.1 and FGR.2 models which are lacking in the other two versions.

--WH

thomasburnside
Trident
Trident

Post by thomasburnside »

Cheers any idea where I could get the IRIS Phantom from.

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

The Alphasim F4 Phantom II Pack 3 for Fs9 recently released as Virtavia / Alphasim Pack 3 has the Phantom II FG1 with extendable nosewheel = RN model, FGR 1 and FGR 2 amongst others. RR Spey engine models.

The DSB was removed some time ago and as far as I know the only way you can get a legit copy as far as DSP was concerned at the time was to get a copy from a current owner at that time and not to upload anywhere, Dave B I think can confirm, maybe even now that stands .

It is a twin pack = Phantom II and Bucaneer name = DSB UK Fighter PAK. Can't say I have seen it available generaly.

You saves your money and takes your choice
Rich

thomasburnside
Trident
Trident

Post by thomasburnside »

So if I want to get the IRIS version I have to get it from someone who has it. Does the Cloud 9 phantom come with autopilot and gps.

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

I know nothing about the Cloud 9 Phantom I never had it but GPS and autopilot are not difficult to add.
Rich

thomasburnside
Trident
Trident

Post by thomasburnside »

Ok thanks so am I right about the IRIS Phantom ill have to get it from someone who has it.

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

As far as I know you will, I use the Virtavia Phantom though not often only have it as a FAA aircraft to use on carriers
thomasburnside wrote:Ok thanks so am I right about the IRIS Phantom ill have to get it from someone who has it.
Rich