Boeing 707 outer port wing engine

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Re: Boeing 707 outer port wing engine

Post by Mark C »

YEP .... you're "onto it" .... and "no offence" taken at all BTW :)

Traditionally/Culturally .... like back in colonial times (which is less than 200 years ago incidentally) .... that ("INTIMIDATION" of a perceived enemy during any time of conflict or challenge) is essentially what the Maori haka was all about.

Some have regarded it as a war dance .... but .... that's not entirely correct.

Given the fact that we've all, today, learned to live together (both we colonists and our native/Maori brothers alike) relatively harmoniously the haka has now taken on a new significance .... in that it can still be regarded as intimidatory or a challenge in accordance with its origins .... or .... it can also be interpreted as an expression of "respect" too.

The New Zealand Maori haka can, now, mean "a lot of different things" .... depending upon how and why it's actually being performed and by who.

I also think it's fair to say that it's now become more of a national icon/show piece item of New Zealand national/cultural performing arts .... used in particular at the start of any major sporting event (like an ALL BLACKS rugby game) .... than anything else really.

KA MATE HAKA - OLD VERSION (All Blacks V Australia 2010)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2EXDSr9Vro

NEW VERSION - KAPA O PANGO HAKA (All Blacks V England 2011)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbF4NG9_x7w

It can be "QUITE AN AWESOME SPECTACLE" .... to actually witness it "in person" and if it's performed really well.

There's no relationship/connection, whatsoever, between the New Zealand Maori and Polynesian cultures and that of the Australian Aboriginal tribes .... which are "QUITE DIFFERENT" being more Melanesian in their make up.

Mark C
AKL/NZ
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !