Best Connie

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

thomasburnside
Trident
Trident

Re: Best Connie

Post by thomasburnside »

So sorry thank you guys.
Vulcan XH558 DONT Let Her Die She Wants To Fly.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Vancouver wrote:Can't help but notice there is never a thank-you, kiss yer arse or any other acknowledgement from some people. :rant:
But I don't want to kiss yer arse

Nor, indeed, having looked at your pic , any other part of you :lol:

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

Rallymodeller wrote:The new L-1649 (version 4.0) is the best of the bunch. Apparently Lufthansa are using it for training crews for their real L-1649 currently under restoration.
This is why I love being a member of our group. I thought I had a decent enough Constellation, I admit it's been a while since I've flown it. But I thought I'd better check this suggestion out and lo and behold I'd somehow missed this! Now I've downloaded it and it looks superb. As a stubborn FS9 luddite I love it when something 'new' comes along, even if it's been out for years! Problem is, I can't start the engines...(Yes I've read the PDF manual). I suspect there's some sort of conflict with my Saitek yoke, oh well... :lol:

Rallymodeller
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Rallymodeller »

Swanoir wrote:
Rallymodeller wrote:The new L-1649 (version 4.0) is the best of the bunch. Apparently Lufthansa are using it for training crews for their real L-1649 currently under restoration.
This is why I love being a member of our group. I thought I had a decent enough Constellation, I admit it's been a while since I've flown it. But I thought I'd better check this suggestion out and lo and behold I'd somehow missed this! Now I've downloaded it and it looks superb. As a stubborn FS9 luddite I love it when something 'new' comes along, even if it's been out for years! Problem is, I can't start the engines...(Yes I've read the PDF manual). I suspect there's some sort of conflict with my Saitek yoke, oh well... :lol:
Hmm. Not sure why it wouldn't start. Best option is to manually control the levers at the FE station with your mouse. Engine 3 first:
>10%-12% throttle
>Mixture to Auto Rich
>Tank 3 aux fuel pump to Low
>Start Switch to 3
>Engine 3 mags to BOTH
>Prime (I click 3 times)
>Click START switch (max 30 seconds)
>Stabilize RPMs at around 1000-1200 rpm

Only other thing I can think of is to make sure you have AUTOMIXURE turned OFF in the FS "Realism" menu. You could also try starting the engines at Full Rich.