DC's latest F14D

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

DC's latest F14D

Post by DaveB »

Hi Chaps :)

You may wonder at why the F14 Tomcat could come up in CNB. I had a similar thought (questionable) when DG said a couple of days ago that he thought Dino Cattaneo was probably the best freeware developer around at the moment. How could this be?? I was flying around in what I thought was a 'late' model F14 of DC's and while it was ok.. no way could it rank as being the best of anything 'late' :-O :dunno: However.. I did have what I knew to be the very latest version of DC's Tomcat lurking on my downloads drive and after a few repaints didn't work, I thought WTH (heck!).. bin the one installed and put the new one on.

OMG! :-O The origins of my 'old' model no longer matter.. it has gone.. never to be used again except perhaps as AI. The latest version (v2.10.. I think!) is.. well.. it looks like it's been made by someone else. It's a very, very serious bit of kit.. undoubtedly payware quality and deserves to be on everyone's HD who appreciates classic jets.. naval jets.. or simply wants to be Maverick every now and again (and who doesn't.. just not so short :lol: ). I've strung a few shots together which I hope will highlight it's quality..

Is this not good or what! :cpu: I hope you'll have noted that I landed to the left of the runway so my AI wingman wouldn't go on the grass to! :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: DC's latest F14D

Post by TSR2 »

that looks stunning Dave. I have a soft spot for the F-14 as my Granny Watson bought me a book on it when I were a lad and Mum and dad bought me the (Airfix?) 1-48 model kit, complete with variable sweep wings!

Great shots matey :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well mate.. Granny Watson had taste as far as I'm concerned :lol: When I were a lad indeed :shhh: :wasntme:

:lol: :lol:

Its a belter.. I don't have a 'better' fast jet on my system :thumbsup: Wish I'd have flashed the weather up but this was an exploratory 'first flight' and I was having so much fun.. I CBA :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

I need to get flying again :poke: :lol:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No.. you need to get Bedford finished :shhh: We fly.. you build! :lol:

:lol: :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Great shots Dave :thumbsup: Always liked the Tomcat myself too. Only seen one in the flesh once, and that wasn't flying unfortunately.
Dino's new S-3 Viking is pretty nice too. He released it as a beta a little while ago, but has since withdrawn the download pending a proper release. Should be due soon.
Dave G.

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Sorry to be the Thomas here, but I still prefer the Iris one, if not just for the interaction and the lovely HUD you get with it, too (the DC one is the default F-18 HUD).

I s'pose DCs is good for freeware - though I only paid $5 AUS for my Iris F-14A/B ;)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I s'pose DCs is good for freeware
Don't put yourself out John :lol: I had the Iris/DSB F14 years ago.. undoubtedly for FS9 but I can't be sure now. I think it was only $5 too but all you got was an external model if memory serves me right.. the internal bits were to follow :lol: I don't see anything intrinsically wrong with the F18 HUD.. I'd sooner not have one at all as they tend to belt FR's.. the IRIS F15 being a prime example :)

EDIT: The latest Iris F14 is $36 John and definitely NOT on my shopping list. Is this the one you paid $5 for?

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Pretty sure Dino's HUD is NOT the default one. It used to be, but he then made his own to ensure P3d compatibility (the F18 gauge isn't included with P3d)
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Dave :)

No.. it's not the default one. This bothered me a bit so I went and had a look :lol: It's similar (if not the same) as the one in his F35 ;)

EDIT: Talking of which.. here it is doing ski jump trials at Bedford..
:)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage