Dino's S3B Viking v0.99 now available

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Dino's S3B Viking v0.99 now available

Post by DaveG »

Just goes to show you can't please everyone. :lol:
I haven't tried v1.0 yet, but I think chances are I'll be removing the scratches. Even if they are there in the "real world" I doubt they would be as noticeable as your eyes would be focused beyond the glass rather than on it. With a monitor you don't get that depth of field effect.
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I've left it on for now but I'll be removing it soon. You need the best possible view out to land on a carrier and anything that messes with this has to go ;)

I've had a look around the web at vids of Vikings taking off and landing and I'm even less sure about the gear animation. This hasn't changed BTW.. I thought it odd first time I flew it. I lifted the gear as soon as I was off the runway and watched it dig into the tarmac before proceeding up into the bay. 'That's odd' .. I noted quietly in true 'Airplane' fashion :lol: The bottom of the main gear angles in slightly with weight off the suspenders and they simply straighten with weight on. On the model.. the whole gear animates out in an untidy jerk. Still.. I'm not brave enough to make this observation 'over there' :lol:
There IS another observation.. perhaps it's just me :worried: I'm not sure if the cockpit looks 'over large' or if the crew are a tad small but you get the impression the crew have another 3 or 4 feet clearance above their heads when sitting. I don't see this looking at footage of the real thing.

Anyway.. I'm saying no more in case the spies are out :lol: I'm a grandad now with a grand daughter to support and the last thing I need are 'the boys' coming round to rough me up :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

What I meant was saying "As of today, I've always done...."

Well if you've always done something, how can it be 'as of today'. So it sounds like something a politician would come out with - you know, to suddenly decide that they've always done a certain thing beneficial to us.

Oh, never mind! It's the way you tell 'em! :dunno:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

It's ok John.. I understood what you meant first time round :lol: He's not from these shores of course so one has to give a little :cpu:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

A member at the Outhouse has commented on the glazing size/pilot size I mentioned above.. this is what Dino had to say..
I believe I got the whole airframe dimensions wrong (a little oversized), while the crew figures are slightly too thin/small... this is probably the reason why the model may look weird to a trained eye. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that at this point.

As I said, I will leave things as they are for a week or two to collect some feedback and then release an update.
delta_lima has found a bug in the light coding too which will be addressed in a subsequent fix ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage