Beech 18 sounds

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

JoHubb
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Beech 18 sounds

Post by JoHubb »

Does anyone know where I can find Gary Jones's sounds for Milton Shupe's superb original? The link I had led me to CBFS but it was dead, hence this post.
The Jones sounds were recommended for use with Dave Carroll's modifications.

If anyone can help I'd be grateful.

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Beech 18 sounds

Post by DaveB »

Hi John :)

I think your link would have been to CBF (ClassicBritishFiles) or latterly to Britsim as it became. After suffering a succession of hacks, its been taken down for a rebuild but when it will return is anyone's guess :| Someone here may have it. Do you know what the filename is?
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

JoHubb
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by JoHubb »

Thanks, DaveB. I don't have the filename but this is the link. It didn't work and I assumed, wrongly, that it came from CBFS.

http://www.classicbritishfiles.com/inde ... fo&id=1814

Hopefully someone will have it - some folks at CalClassics raved about it so if nothing turns up here in the next few days I'll try over there.

John

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi John :)

Yes.. confusion over who was who and where was pretty much constant while they were CBF.. many presuming it was here and it wasn't (although we were and still are closely linked). This was the main reason for the name change ;) Fingers crossed you get a response soon :cpu:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Hi John,

This package contains the sounds you're after I believe?

http://www.gjsmith.net/Milton_Shupe/AT-11/index.htm
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

If those aren't the sounds you were after, let me know - I have two sets of D-18 sounds in my archive. I do remember being very impressed by the original model sounds, though (and the whizz-bang pyrotechnic start-ups!).

JoHubb
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by JoHubb »

Many thanks, Colin and everyone, this is exactly the file I wanted. I didn't realise the Jones sounds had been 'built into' the Shupe Sim-Outhouse download.
The link produced an unexpected bonus in the form of the Ford Tri-Motor Project. I had some of these packages in a previous install and had completely forgotten about them.

Anyways, I'd better stop rambling on about non-Brit stuff or the mods will be after me. Just to reassure, I enjoy flying the HP Herald Dart and the DH Royal Navy Dove.
I get a kick out of taking the RN Dove to somewhat unlikely places such as Mariehamn (EFMA) or Zielona Gora (EPZG) flying the flag.

Thanks again!

John