Boeing C-97 Stratotanker - FSX

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Boeing C-97 Stratotanker - FSX

Post by DaveB »

It shouldn't be too difficult for JanK to change at all. The refuelling lines must be on a different map which is great but.. shading around where the boom attaches to the tanker needs to be removed. Otherwise.. titles and off you (he) go/goes :)
Not sure about the black area under the front. This may have to go to but again.. it would be on it's own layer and easy for him to remove :cpu:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Shalom Dave,

WOW Awesome screenshots. If it is NOT against copyright regulations. can you send me that IAF livery for C-97 use, please? I do not mind the spot behind the plane as I can use clever screenshot editing to cover it up so that the spot will not be noticeable.

The livery that I am hoping for transfer would be FROM C-97 to KC-97 as seen below if somebody paints that for C-97:

Regards,

Aharon

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Shalom to you Aharon :hello:

Ah yes.. I see the difference straight away. The blue cheatline is much thicker and it carries a large national flag on the fin.. plus the titles of course :) Oh.. and it carries round windows not square as on the paint as modelled. I think the windows are textures anyway (not modelled) and I'm sure I've seen an option to use round windows in the paint kit so a final paint could be made accurate.

The paint in my screenshot is the one by JanKees. All I did to make it work was change the model= line in the aircraft.cfg 'for that paint' to read C97G instead of KC97G...

[fltsim.xx]
title=Boeing KC-97G IDF 039
sim=C97_gen
model=KC97G (change this line to read model=C97G)
panel=
sound=C97G
texture=JK_IDF039
kb_checklists=C97_check
kb_reference=C97_ref
atc_airline=AIR FORCE
atc_flight_number=4xFPO // max 5 digits, use same as for atc_id below
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type=Stratotanker
ui_variation=KC-97G IDF 039
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=4XFPO
description="Boeing KC-97G Stratotanker. Israeli Defence Force #039 4X-FPO, former USAF 52-2779. currently preserved in the Israeli Air Force Museum Hatzerim at Beersheba. Repaint by Jan Kees Blom."
ui_createdby="Team Strat."

It's quick and dirty but it will do you until such time that JKB gets round to doing a proper one which I'm sure he will if you ask him ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

DAVE:All I did to make it work was change the model= line in the aircraft.cfg 'for that paint' to read C97G instead of KC97G...
Dave,

Ohhhh just simple transfer I thought you would manipulate texture files to transfer from KC-97 livery to C-97 livery better known as file swapping. Did not realize I can use same livery.

DUH I thought the work would be harder LOL

Thanks for explanations:)

Regards,

Aharon

sknepper
Lightning
Lightning

Post by sknepper »

Might be a nice repaint project for this wonderful model in the Israeli colours ;) I will get my brushes out.
Sincerely, Sean Kneppers
Repainter by choice
Fancy the Irish going Dutch

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Ahhhh world famous Sean is here!!!!! I never knew that the world famous Sean is member of those forums!!!! He painted Israeli air force livery for SkySpirit 2010 Boeing KC-767 and also he painted EL AL livery for Tinmouse II Boeing 737-200.

Here is his masterpiece that he painted at my request as seen below:

Sean, better wait few days because it is possible that other famous painter Jankees might have done it unless you do not mind two painters painting same livery at same time.

Regards,

Aharon

sknepper
Lightning
Lightning

Post by sknepper »

Standing by, Roger.
Sincerely, Sean Kneppers
Repainter by choice
Fancy the Irish going Dutch

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

sknepper wrote:Standing by, Roger.
Shalom famous Sean,

I do not think world famous Jankees will paint the second Israeli air force livery. So can you please be kind enough to paint the second Israeli air force livery with Hebrew and English words based on my provided photos using KC-97 please so that I can export to C-97 too, please?

Thanks,

Aharon

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Sneak preview to my complete flight report to be published soon......

Presenting one sneak preview screenshot!!

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Help Me Keep Sand Out Of My Propeller Engines!!