Can't Decide...

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

paulsl
Trident
Trident

Can't Decide...

Post by paulsl »

Hello,

For some reason I quite fancy a Beechcraft Bonanza. So for FSX there's the Carenado one. But then that's built into P3d now. So, should i buy the FSX version and use that or go the little extra for P3D. The thing that's holding me back on the latter is that I'm very much a weekend flyer; some would say "a Ctrl+E guy". I am quite happy to learn about navigation & stuff but checklists for working the aiplane aren't really my "bag" as they used to say when Noah was a boy.

i suppose the question is can you jump in and go in P3D? If yes it's a no-brainer. If not i'll probably go just the FSX Bonanza.

Any thoughts/advice/comments are much appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

Mods: not sure if this should be in Payware :dunno:
It's not a 'bird', it's an aeroplane or an aircraft :rant:

DaveG
The Gurus

Re: Can't Decide...

Post by DaveG »

In that respect P3d is exactly the same as FSX Paul. You can still ctrl-E if you like. :)
Dave G.

paulsl
Trident
Trident

Post by paulsl »

Thank you Dave,

just the answer I needed (and secretly wanted 0:) ). Now to wrestle the credit card off my financial advisor :OB: :lol:

Regards, Paul

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Good luck with that! :lol:
The vast majority of FSX stuff will port over without problems. Some payware requires new licenses, e.g. PMDG, A2A, VRS.
Don't know which version of P3d you are planning on getting, but if you intend getting VRS TackPac & F18 at some point bear in mind they will only work with the Academic edition. ;)
Dave G.

Kevin Farnell
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Kevin Farnell »

Hi Paul

just be aware that the file structure of P3D v2.5 is a little different to FSX. There is no Addon Scenery folder, but this can be created anywhere (I created a 'P3D Addon Files' folder outside of the main P3D folder). I also have Simobjects, Gauges, Effects etc in this folder, so shouldn't need to re-install everything if I need to re-install P3D. For these to work however you will need to edit 'Effects' and 'Simobjects' CFG files.
Have a read through the 'Prepar3D v2.5 is out now' thread -

http://cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27655

I also found that by putting a copy of FSX.EXE in my P3D Addon Files folder, many FSX auto-installers would install to this folder.
Hope this doesn't sound too complicated. If you have any problems, just give us a shout.

Regards

Kevin
Stratospheric traces, of our transitory flight.
Trails of condensation, held in narrow paths of white...

paulsl
Trident
Trident

Post by paulsl »

Thanks for the help and advice Gents, points noted.

Paul