A2A T-6 Project

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

A2A T-6 Project

Post by T6flyer »

Well there I was, thinking when was the last time I fired up the sim (a few weeks ago) and kind of loosing interest in it all and today A2A announce that they are to build a T-6 of some sort for FSX. So perhaps I will stay around for a little while longer!
Just hope that they don't build a T-6G like everyone else has. There are plenty of other sub-variants to choose from, but looking at their screenshot it seems to be a 'mish-mash' of one thing and another. Of course we can't see the turtledeck, as this would reveal what their intentions are, but at least it has the heavier wartime cockpit structure as opposed to the G model larger panes. From what I have seen, think its a SNJ-6/T-6F as this had the spinner (9/10 times taken off as it was difficult to get access to the prop and engine with it on) and the tail radio mast. But who knows? I'll just have to be patient and see what emerges in the future.

As to real world T-6s, I've just finished a history for an Italian gentleman and just about to start another from the same country. Bit like Buses, nothing for years and then two within a few weeks. And G-BJST is having a new scheme painted as we speak at Fishburn. I was quite instrumental in this (choosing the painted indentity for one thing) and look forward to trying this out later in the year. That will be my 5th British T-6 flying in my colours. Better be quiet when the A2A schemes come out then!

Best wishes,

Martin

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: A2A T-6 Project

Post by Airspeed »

Looks worth keeping an eye on, Martin. :agree:
Must be good, being so involved with the real thing!

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Re: A2A T-6 Project

Post by T6flyer »

Airspeed wrote:Looks worth keeping an eye on, Martin. :agree:
Must be good, being so involved with the real thing!
Been at it for over 30 years now and now more busy that was before. Lots of projects to work on and today been asked by A2A to act as an advisor to the project. Very pleased about that.

Martin