FSX Grumman Mallard

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

FSX Grumman Mallard

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Just a heads-up and just in time for Christmas, LDR Development have released their freeware FSX native conversion of Milton Shupe's FS9 Grumman Mallard. It has a totally new VC, new flight model and upgraded textures. It has been tested in FSX + Accel, FSX/SE, P3D v2.4, v2.5 and v3. It's available from the Sim-Outhouse (SOH) file library, link below.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/l ... nkid=20664

Note: You probably have to be a member of SOH in order to access the file library.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

:cheers:
Larry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: FSX Grumman Mallard

Post by DaveB »

Cheers Larry :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Larry :hello:
Thanks for uploading the Mallard.
I like Grumman designs, and this is a good looking model.
Cockpit interior is very nicely presented.
'Scuse my ignorance, but are you the L in LDR?

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Hi Mike, yes I am the 'L' in 'LDR' and I do all the 3D modelling, animations, most of the 3D gauge coding and generally take the lead during the build process. Dave (Dangerousdave26) is the 'D' and he looks after the flight models, 2D gauge coding and custom effects and Rachael (Firekitten) is the 'R' and she produces all the wonderful textures inside and out.

For the Mallard we had some additional help, the passenger cabin textures were done by Rui Christina (Manacas) (originally for the FS9 Mallard), the main gear parts and animations were done by Paul Domingue, Roman Stoviak (Spokes2112) really helped us out with a lot of the complex 3D gauge programming and came up with the effects for the transom water drop and bilge pump jets as Dave was out of commission with some real life issues for a while and the sound pack was produced by Nigel Richards (originally for the FS9 Mallard). It was quite a team at the end of the day and took a bit of managing but we got there in the end. It wasn't helped by the fact that the team members were spread out between five different countries in two different continents and only two of us were in the same time zone!

This is the second aircraft LDR have released, the first was all our own work, the Ryan Navion B model. In the pipeline we currently have four more aircraft, two LDR originals (the Navion A model and an as yet undisclosed project) and two more conversions to FSX native (Milton Shupe's Mallard Turboprop and Daisuke Yamamoto's FS2002 Fairchild C-119G Boxcar).
Larry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Downloaded it yesterday and taking it for a good spin today, but very impressed with your guys' work. I love the Navion too.

If you guys need any data on the C-119, let me know. I started a project to build a new panel and FDE for that same model in FS2004 and made some headway before running into my own coding limitations that prevented me from being happy enough to release the work and so I've got a lot of research material, including a full C-119 Dash-1 that covers both the R3350 and R4360 powered versions.

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Hi Chris, we do have a fair bit of documentation but any additional info is always welcome (you can never have too much research material).
Larry

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I'll see if I can find the CD or file. I put it in storage after printing it off, so I don't know where it is. If there's any specific information you need, let me know and at minimum I'll scan those pages and send them to you.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Larry,
You are an excellent part of an excellent team, please pass on our thanks to them all :welldone:
I'm glad that not all of us are too far into our twilight years (as DaveB said to Catboat) :lol:
Very much looking forward to the Boxcar. They were regular visitors to Northolt when I was a lad, along with their cousins, the Noratlases.

MilesMan
Lightning
Lightning

Post by MilesMan »

Many thanks Larry.
I have created a repaint of the Ferranti owned G-ASCS and have uploaded to Flightsim.com. It would have gone up on Britsim but I cannot access the site at the moment!

:cheers: Peter

Tako_Kichi
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Nice repaint Peter.

:cheers:
Larry