New...3D People for FS9 and FSX

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: New...3D People for FS9 and FSX

Post by airboatr »

Well, I'll just leave the porch light on.. Jimmy Hoffa might stop by.
:wasntme:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Possibly, I only managed to pinch them from my library because I have some ORBX airports. Unsure about this. :dunno:
You may have something there Mike.

Nigel.. don't you have ORBX scenery installed too? If so.. all you need is the software to place the objects :)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

airboatr wrote:Mike, can you see if there is a mobile phone that walks around the ramp, just incase my battery dies, or the radio goes on the fritz..

... I may need to call for more.. - Gas

Cheers.

Joe
The Asian lady in the short red dress who talks on her mobile at my Barra would take your mind off gas and flat batteries, Joe!

If Jimmy Hoffa turns up, I won't stay to chat.. :-O
Last edited by Airspeed on 14 Jun 2016, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Nigel & DaveB :hello:
Just had a peek at the failed disc.
The moving life forms are in the ORBXLIB.
There are categories called anim..... and others in natureflow. There are different items for UK, PNW PF2 etc.
As mentioned above, placement software is needed. There is, IIRC, more than one free one, but my preference is Instant Scenery.
Where do they walk to? In Inst.Scn. their programmed circuit is visible on screen, and you rotate it to best suit your location.
You can also adjust the height above/below ground level, so they can strut their stuff on an upstairs balcony.
People will happily walk through vehicles and walls, so you can get them to disappear into doorways.
This looks great until they pop out of the wall elsewhere. Quite honestly, unless you're sitting there watching it like a TV show, you often won't notice those things.
Seeing the momentary movement as you taxi is pretty good.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

This looks great until they pop out of the wall elsewhere.
:lol: :lol:

I can well imagine! :lol:

Agree Mike. When I had PNW installed.. it was nice seeing moving bods at Bowerman the first few times I went there but I found it a bit tedious after a while. The same couple in the garden.. the same drunk sitting on the steps.. the same bloke on the mobile e t c. It's the same at Earthsims Scilly Isles. The little red baggage truck going around the tower 24hrs a day followed by that coloured chap on foot. God knows how many pairs of shoes he gets through :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Mike, Dave, Joe and anyone I have missed out!! 8)

Dave, I do have Orbx installed and do get people moving about at Bowerman and some small airfields, now being a bit slow on this type of technology I also have ORBXLIB installed but not necessarily the latest version.

OK, so I ORBXLIB and I need to download Instant Scenery, I know this is a pain to many of you who have done it before but.............is there a simple ABC with that software in how to do it? i.e. get the figures from the ORBXLIB Library into whichever airport you want them.

Will now go in search of Instant Scenery.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Nige,

It's sold by Flight1. Don't get too worked up about how to use it. The manual is very extensive, too extensive for me!! Bottom line is it's dog easy to use and can be quite addictive :thumbsup:
Atb
Dave B)smk
ImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dave and very many thanks for the HU. Had a look on a link provided by Flight1 and to be honest...........Can't wait until I get it. the video by Flight1 just seemed sooooo easyyyyyyy.... even for some-one like me!! :worried: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mind you it might be a couple of weeks or even a month as we have had other commitments but I now have plenty of ideas of what I want to do with it and where I want to expand on it. Could well be that I will become more emersed in it than flying!! 8)

Regards
Nigel.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Hi Nigel, don't forget to buy version 3 EDIT: Discovered that v2 is discontinued anyway. :doh:
Last edited by Airspeed on 27 Jun 2016, 03:50, edited 1 time in total.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Mike, many thanks for the reminder as I am now going to purchase it thanks to the wife and will have to go into town later to a wifi area in order to download.

Really looking forward to this.

Oh dear!! Just been to make a purchase and it's not one of those that you can buy then download afterwards as it appears that the whole process is done whilst on the internet! :wall:

Just have to make do without! :(

Regards
Nigel.